Hi, i have an s7 edge which after a software update would hang on bootup. I tried to press buttons in patterns for example, the home key volume up and power button to try to get into recovery mode, after a while i did something and now it doesnt even get to the samsung bootup screen and when i plug in a charger it doesnt show that its charging. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
    03-30-2019 09:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update pushed over-the-air, or did you download the update file from some website and install it manually?
    03-30-2019 06:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update pushed over-the-air, or did you download the update file from some website and install it manually?
    When it comes to software updates it is highly recommended to only download and install official system update via the Settings app...downloading update files online may be fine but make sure it’s from a reputable source (do your research) and download it at your own risk
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-15-2019 01:04 PM
    Exactly. One of the main reasons for this is to make sure the phone is getting the proper system update for the exact variant that you have. Different variants may get slightly different updates, and if you flash the wrong one to the phone, it may cause various issues.
    04-15-2019 07:10 PM