Let's discuss about that rumored 12MP camera.....

A

AC Question

Will the Galaxy S7 have the rumored 23 mega pixel camera?

I got very excited when I heard that the S7 will have a 23 mega pixel camera, are they still going forward with it? Will we get a 23 mega pixel camera on the S7?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will the Galaxy S7 have the rumored 23 mega pixel camera?

Nothing official has been released. What I have seen says 12 MP with a 1.7 aperture

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

12MP is more resolution that the eye can see on a 6" screen, so unless you're planning on displaying the pictures on a 60" or larger TV screen, you don't need more. (It's the same with 4k video - unless you have a TV larger than about 55", you won't see much difference between HD and 4k.) For serious photography, we'd need 2GP to simulate the resolution of 2" X 2" film, and that's not happening for a long time.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I got very excited when I heard that the S7 will have a 23 mega pixel camera, are they still going forward with it? Will we get a 23 mega pixel camera on the S7?

I hope that's not true. That high MP number on small camera sensor in phone would be detrimental effect on picture quality with pixel size close to 1um. It will lose more to noise reduction than it gains with more pixels in image quality. I think 12~14MP is about sweet spot for phone camera with pixel size around 1.5um.

Phonication

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I, for one, was happy that Samsung stopped the megapixel one-upmanship. Better low light photos are far more important to me personally

Posted via the Android Central App