Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
So if I were to get this off-contract, without any plan ($800), I wouldn't be eligible for the Gear S2? Or did I mistakenly interpret this?

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Meanwhile the SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer clearly states an MSRP of $299.99. Looks like they can't even get on the same page.

pharxmacy

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am a bit confused about the gear s2. Do we get the 3G version or the bluetooth-only version? I couldn't find that info anywhere. Is there a good place that describes what you can do with the watch with 3G vs bluetooth only?

I don't really want to pay any more per month for this watch for a data plan.

I am hoping after I try the S7 in the store I will like it enough to pre-order. I had the original Galaxy S, then went to Moto X. Getting tired of it.

In the terms it values at $299 so I assume it is the s2 and not the s2 3g. Verizon on the accessories page lists the s2 as the "s2 bluetooth"; however, Samsung uses s2 and s2 3g. It looks like the deal is through samsung so I am thinking it is the non connected s2.

pharxmacy

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
In the terms it values at $299 so I assume it is the s2 and not the s2 3g. Verizon on the accessories page lists the s2 as the "s2 bluetooth"; however, Samsung uses s2 and s2 3g. It looks like the deal is through samsung so I am thinking it is the non connected s2.

Update: vzw lists the value at $350 on their site now.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The MSRP value is subject to change as it is at the discretion of the manufacturer.

This has nothing to do with declared value for tax purposes. Please just ignore the MSRP number as it is not applicable to us as consumers.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
"Free" S2 Gear watch with S7 Edge from Verizon?

Spoke to three CS agents and looked again on the Verizon website and could only find an offer for the headset thingy. Where are people getting this free Gear watch thing???

Btw what does "dpp" stand for? I see this acronym being used in several posts.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Free" S2 Gear watch with S7 Edge from Verizon?

Spoke to three CS agents and looked again on the Verizon website and could only find an offer for the headset thingy. Where are people getting this free Gear watch thing???

Device payment plan

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

You can get free S2 from AT&T as well. Search Gear S2 and you'll see notation that (free if you order new phone). Let me go look again.

Capture.JPG

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

You can get free S2 from AT&T as well. Search Gear S2 and you'll see notation that (free if you order new phone). Let me go look again.

If you could post a link that would allow me to get the watch with a Verizon purchase I'd be most appreciative.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
"Free" Gear watch with pre-order of Verizon S7?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is right on the front page on the desktop site

uploadfromtaptalk1456504493607.jpg

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I think I may have to wait until the offer "goes live" and I have the device in my hand. What's amazing to me is how little Verizon's CS agents seem to know about their own products and promotions.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

If you could post a link that would allow me to get the watch with a Verizon purchase I'd be most appreciative.

I'm having trouble posting for some reason. Just go to ATT.COM and search Samsung Gear S2. You will see it. You also get VR as well. You can chat live with them online they will walk you through the process.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I think I may have to wait until the offer "goes live" and I have the device in my hand. What's amazing to me is how little Verizon's CS agents seem to know about their own products and promotions.
Not really surprising... I would not worry much... It is plastered on multiple pages on Verizon's website. This certainly wasn't a mistake.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

It seems no one has a concrete answer on whether this will be the 3G version or not. I'd like to know for sure before placing my order. Anyone that has already purchased from VZW online can help?