Wifi Issues with Samsung S7, how can I fix them?

A

AC Question

Wifi Issues with Samsumg S7

Hello, needing major help. My husband has just recently got the S7, when he is connected to our Wifi at home, his maps don't work or load, in the Play Store the Images for the Apps don't load, the internet itself seems ok, as in will load images and anything else. I know it's not that big of deal but its really weird.. any advice?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi Issues with Samsumg S7

Hello, needing major help. My husband has just recently got the S7, when he is connected to our Wifi at home, his maps don't work or load, in the Play Store the Images for the Apps don't load, the internet itself seems ok, as in will load images and anything else. I know it's not that big of deal but its really weird.. any advice?

This could be a LOT of things, but I will give you a couple suggestions right off the hop to try.

1. Goto Settings > Wifi > Tap "More" at the top right > Tap "Smart Network Switch" > Make sure it's OFF!

2. Power down the phone so it's completely off > Hold down the Volume UP, Power Button and Home button all at once until
you see the Android Screen come on. In a couple moments you will get to an "Android System Recovery" menu. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu to "Wipe Cache Partition" and press the Power Button to Wipe the partition. Once complete make sure the menu item selection is "Reboot System Now" click it using the power button. See if your Wifi is working now.

3. There could be a 3rd party app causing the issue. This would either mean removing apps one by one to narrow it down. Or a factory reset, and a fresh start.

4. I have seen this happen when you have a "All In One Combo Router" provided by Internet Service Providers such as Comcast, Time Warner, or many others. They are JUNK. Cause nothing but issues. So call your ISP and see if they can figure it out if the first 3 steps don't work.

I think that's a few suggestions that could help and I hope one does.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress