Is it possible to set the calendar default snooze interval to something longer?

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Seems like calendar notifications once snoozed come back again almost every 5 minutes. Is there any way to tell the stock app how long to snooze for?

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Seems like calendar notifications once snoozed come back again almost every 5 minutes. Is there any way to tell the stock app how long to snooze for?
On the Alarm tab, tap "options" under the alarm time in question, and you can set the snooze time (5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes) and limit the number of times that you can snooze.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
UncleMike, thanks for your reply. In this case, not talking about an alarm - just a calendar entry that gives a notification prior to the event. In Chrome I can choose a snooze time (for up to a day) but haven't found where or how to change this on my phone. Or where to set a default.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
have you tried Calendar Snooze? I haven't used it, but there are a couple apps in the Play Store that might work for you

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I just found this interesting app that not only allows you to change the default snooze time (5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, etc), but also pops up on your lock screen much like the default calendar does. If you try this, be sure to turn off notifications on your default calendar or you will be getting both notifications.

It will also allow you to choose a longer ringtone that will continue until you snooze or dismiss it. I also figured out that even if you set the default snooze time, when the reminder pops up on your lock screen and you manually slide it to snooze, another popup will appear that allows you at that time to manually choose an alternative snooze for that one time. Very nice!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nder&rdid=sk.mildev84.reminder&token=6uWYX6Qs

Last edited:

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
UncleMike, thanks for your reply. In this case, not talking about an alarm - just a calendar entry that gives a notification prior to the event. In Chrome I can choose a snooze time (for up to a day) but haven't found where or how to change this on my phone. Or where to set a default.
Sorry, I somehow glossed over the word calendar in your post.

Izzie11

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site

How is your snooze working every 5min?? My s7 calendar doesn't snooze...pls help, thanks
I'd be happy and want the calendar snooze for 5min...but how to set it up??

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I never did anything (that I can remember) to have my calendar notifications come up with a Dismiss / Snooze / Clear option. I'm using Samsung calendar app linked to my Google calendar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38