Post-update, long text messages don't show fully

Autotech1100

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Bro, it happened with android 7.0 nougat update but not for all devices, coz its not from google its a damn samsung touchwiz **** they did this to their phones they modified the stock messaging aap, i hate this feature too and there is no way in hell you can stop it .
Solution is you use 3rd party app for sms like google messaging app etc...
Good luck

Autotech1100

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Bro, it happened with android 7.0 nougat update but not for all devices, coz its not from google its a damn samsung touchwiz **** they did this to their phones they modified the stock messaging aap, i hate this feature too and there is no way in hell you can stop it .
Solution is you use 3rd party app for sms like google messaging app etc...
Good luck

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have always had issues with the Samsung messages app. I have had no issue with Google's Android messages...no problem displaying large messages.

Rozy1

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem, receiving from an iPhone. Clicking on VIEW ALL takes me to a blank page. Does anyone have any knowledge of which apps work? I have an S8.

Samsunguser48

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
There is a way around this although not through the messaging app.

If you have Facebook you can use the messenger app as your primary app for text messages as well. So they are all in one place with your Facebook messages.

Personally, that in itself is annoying. However, the text messages will show in full without any view all which as we know is infuriating.

To help any confusion text messages have a purple banner and Facebook messages have a blue banner as before.

This isn't a great fix. But it is better than nothing.

Ashley L1

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
When I'm sending a text using the stock messages app, the entire message no longer shows if the message is long. While previous versions would show the entire message, the update cuts down the message and has a "view all" button that will show the whole message in another page. It was not like this before. How do I get it back to showing the entire message without having to use the "view all" button?

Ashley L1

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing, now if it is a "view all message" I go to the next screen and nothing.! I am having to inconvenience the person Im texting by screenshotting long messages to see what they wrote. This is a pain in the *** dealing with business associates.

jcrevard

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing, now if it is a "view all message" I go to the next screen and nothing.! I am having to inconvenience the person Im texting by screenshotting long messages to see what they wrote. This is a pain in the *** dealing with business associates.
Mine has been doing it for at least a month also, stupid and annoying

kmtiburona

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
There is a way around this although not through the messaging app.

If you have Facebook you can use the messenger app as your primary app for text messages as well. So they are all in one place with your Facebook messages.

Personally, that in itself is annoying. However, the text messages will show in full without any view all which as we know is infuriating.

To help any confusion text messages have a purple banner and Facebook messages have a blue banner as before.

This isn't a great fix. But it is better than nothing.

I needed a new phone. Switched from my Galaxy S5 Sport to Galaxy S8 today. And I noticed I'm getting this view all thing. What? Never heard of that. My ONLY concern with changing to Facebook as main text application is would that require internet? Between 3 lines we have 2GB of data (one is home phone so doesn't really use it off the home Wifi), so really just 2 lines using data. We have Wifi at home and work, so not usually a problem. However, I do not need internet to receive my messages through the default application, so would I need internet to use it through Facebook? I am assuming no since it wouldn't be through the actual chat. For example, when my kids use their phone to text my phone number (and they do not have facebook), it would come through without either of us needing internet? If so, I'm switching. I was thinking about it anyway.

Thanks in advance.

fallingpetals

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
Go into Message> Settings > More> Multimedia Messaging
And enable convert long messages to MMS. Took me a while of tinkering but mines fixed, no more annoying cut offs.

Also I have an LGV30+ if that matters, its got the latest android update.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

DanielleK82

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Go into Message> Settings > More> Multimedia Messaging
And enable convert long messages to MMS. Took me a while of tinkering but mines fixed, no more annoying cut offs.

Also I have an LGV30+ if that matters, its got the latest android update.

I hope this helps!

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and in the Multimedia Messaging menu you mentioned I don't have any option to convert long messages to MMS. I used to on my pre-Nougat S7 Edge. So frustrating. I'm a travel agent and sometimes my clients and I text and it is so annoying to have to screenshot their message to me and ask them to pick up where my phone left off. Smh.

HonestlyFrustrated

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I've finally managed to free up some room and update my S7 and boy am I regretting it. If someone sends me text with 5 questions, I have to type, click "view all", check what they said, go back to the conversation to type again.
This is absolutely ridiculous. My phone has been fine for nearly 2 years and suddenly I can't text properly.
Why on earth should I have to consider using a second party app just to properly read a text message? It isn't 2002.
This is freaking driving me batty. Screw you samsung. Or is it google? I don't even know

Bcl13

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
The only way around this that I found was that to the accessibility section in the settings and activating the vision one. Then, clicking on the message and she will read the whole message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95