Is this screen burn in on my s7

beckytigeress

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I attached some photos of what I always experience with Samsung phones. I always have my brightness turned on low and 30 second time out. I use my phone all the timeo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180421-153822.jpg
    Screenshot_20180421-153822.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Burn in isn't those little things you see in the corners of the pictures, it would be seeing the pictures when you're not in kik, like on your home screen. (Usually it's seeing your home screen burned in when you're in an app. It's what's on your screen, not moving, for long periods of time that gets burned in.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take a picture of the screen with something else, like a friend's phone. Things like white areas or burn-in don't show in pictures you make on the phone with the problem. Then post the picture here.

If half the screen has nothing on it but either clear or white, I'd suspect that the screen itself is physically broken (not on the outside where you can feel it, but inside in the LCD layer). But take the picture and post it and we'll see. (Even if the screen was totally shot [black], if you do a screenshot, it will show what's supposed to be showing on the screen. As you've been told 3 times, you have to take a picture of the screen with another camera.)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can see it on a screenshot, it's not burn in, like others mentioned. If you only see it on your phone, then it could be a few things:
1) If it is burn-in, you'd see the same 'ghost' image on anything you display on the phone, and if you rotate whatever is being displayed, the 'ghost' wouldn't rotate and would stay always the same on the screen.
2) Faulty display. From what you're describing, seeing half the screen with a different brightness or tone, might mean your display panel is faulty (either the panel is broken, the connector is loose, or just damaged). If whatever image/app you display on your phone changes brightness/tone in that half of the screen, and furthermore, if it seems to 'flicker', then it's pretty much hardware-related and you might need to replace your screen.
3) An app causing issues. VERY unlikely for display issues, but it could be an app making things act wonky. If this were the case, you wouldn't see the issue while booting up the phone, in Recovery Mode, or if booting into Safe Mode.

Like others have suggested, it would help to see an actual picture of your phone's screen, not just a screenshot :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699