Are you buying the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+?

Are you buying the GS8?

• Total voters

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Are you buying the Samsung Galaxy S8?

I'm going to check out the phones at T-Mobile. After holding them in hand maybe this will help me to decide.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

It's sooo hard for me to want to pass on this phone, even though I say that every year.

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site

I currently am rocking a Pixel XL. Will take the wait and see approach on the S8. Love what I see thus far.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I like it a lot, but I think I want to wait for Note 8, Pixel 2, and iPhone X and see what's on the table at that time.
I do love the looks of the S8, so tempting.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

No because of leases, why has discounted phones for two year agreement gone away.

Prices are brutal now.

jazman_777

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

Not buying, I'm generally stuck to cheaper options (for example, I drive an Alcatel Idol 3 right now). But even if I had the money, I'm not sure I would. I had a Galaxy S3, and the bloatware was annoying. The curved screen on the S8 doesn't appeal to me.

But I sure would take a free one! I could learn to live with those drawbacks easy enough, but not at full price.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I have to say i have been surprised with the prices from LG G6 and the S8, expecting Sammy to push the S8 in the $800 range but $700 I think is ok... but maybe because they carried over the camera from last year helped as well as cheaped out on the battery.

I'm lucky where they still offer 2-year contracts for corp accounts so I have lines I can use get phones with bosses blessing as long as I pay the upgrade price myself (users don't need to upgrade phones all the time and company doesn't have plans to cancel lines anytime soon). But prices are going up even in contract... last year a new S7 was $199 and Edge $299. This year the S8 is $299 and Plus is $399. I expect the Note 8 to be $499 :/.

If I had to pay full price for a phone I wouldn't buy any of them... I'd get a OnePlus 3T.

No because of leases, why has discounted phones for two year agreement gone away.

Prices are brutal now.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image002.png
    image002.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 15

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting for Best Buy to get a demo in. The finger print sensor could be my turnoff. I'm also torn if I just wait it out for the Note 8 which is where I would rather be. Plus if its a 4k screen, could really help the VR experience.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I can't get that with sprint. Not sure where you posted that pic from.

I would gladly pay discounted price even at 300$ with two year. If I can find it I'll switch from sprint. But they abandoned it.

edurjbr

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Depends on the price on the carrier here in Brazil. Since my S7 has a scratch in the screen, it leads me to buy... but I don't like it being bigger.

afoon2001

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

The S8 looks good but if i can buy the S7 for 60% of the price of the S8 i will go for that.

This is definitely a thought process I'm considering as well. The S7 phones are still far from obsolete and should be plenty speedy enough for most everyday use. I still have a Note 4 and it's getting a little long in the tooth (didn't like the missing features of the Note5 and the Note 7 fiasco stopped my upgrade last year). I will probably wait a coupe of months though before pulling the trigger, read the reviews and see the feedback here from owners.

If not, Huawei is proving to be quite tempting recenty...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes, the shots were from AT&T site. Corp contract pricing is also available with Verizon and the prices are similar.

I can't get that with sprint. Not sure where you posted that pic from.

I would gladly pay discounted price even at 300$ with two year. If I can find it I'll switch from sprint. But they abandoned it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Yes I am also considering that as an outside option because as mentioned before with contract pricing and prices shown previously for the S8 and S8+, carriers start to unload the S7s and what was once $299 for the S7 Edge is now $199 and the S7 goes to $99.

An S7 Edge at $199 is tempting while a year old phone would be a new one to me and hold me until the Note 8 or iPhone 8 release.

This is definitely a thought process I'm considering as well. The S7 phones are still far from obsolete and should be plenty speedy enough for most everyday use. I still have a Note 4 and it's getting a little long in the tooth (didn't like the missing features of the Note5 and the Note 7 fiasco stopped my upgrade last year). I will probably wait a coupe of months though before pulling the trigger, read the reviews and see the feedback here from owners.

If not, Huawei is proving to be quite tempting recenty...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress