Verizon Galaxy S8 So I guess those of us coming from the Note 7 are just screwed

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The part I'm dissapointed in over this entire thing is this. I was affected by the note 7. I had the note 5 and was more than halfway paid off. Upgraded to note 7. Had to send note 5 in cause it was a trade. Was very happy with note 7 then recall. Had to hand it back in. Now they said refund or another phone. I wanted my note 5 back along with what I had left to pay on it. Nope couldn't do that. Had to settle with 7edge and to pay for it. Much higher than what I had left. I was put into a phone I was not really happy with. Not settling for a really cheap phone. Because what I had before was a really good phone and I had paid a lot on it already. So I was really hoping for at least a discount. I didn't want the extra gifts. They can have those back. I would have rather them reset my payment to what I had owed before all this and have my note 5 back. That is how this should have happened. I just sent my note 5 back two days before we found out about the recall. GRRRRRRR. Well you live and you learn. Such is life. Sometimes we lose out.They don't owe free phones to us.

Yeah it was frustrating. From what I gathered, everyone's situation concerning the recall went differently. People had all sorts of issues & crazy experiences trying to get everything sorted out with their upgrades, credits, refunds, etc. So that's why I had a bone to pick, because my situation wasn't handled correctly. I did end up with the S7 Edge, but there was a lot more to it then that. I wasn't expecting to get anything free, I was just hoping they would at least offer some sort of early trade in promo for the S8 or something.

But either way it's fine now. My situation is being taken care of.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
That's just a system error. It doesn't stop you from being able to upgrade unless you're talking about a 2 yr contract which they don't do anymore, but your line expiration means nothing since you are month to month.

When I try to purchase the phone it only gives me the full retail option, not a device payment option. I was trying to get the device payment to qualify for the Best Buy $100 cheaper option.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's cute that you think N7 owners care about your opinion. And I'm getting exactly what I want from them now, so you can continue laughing.

I recall there were "some" Note 7 owners on these very boards that were very vocal about double and triple dipping the bonuses with new device purchases. They received all sorts of accessories, VR Headsets, 256GB cards, Gear Fit 2s, on the initial purchase, and then were allowed to keep them after returning the Note 7.
And then, they got "FORCED" into the S7 Edge and still got those bonuses. On top of that, whatever credits Samsung and the carrier threw back at them. Some people were able to work out specific deals on their accounts and such amidst all the heartache of having to return the device.

The deal is that it seems Samsung, and eventually carriers were very accommodating. Note 7 owners were inconvenienced no doubt. But there are others that would have everyone else believe they suffered some type of emotional distress or traumatizing event (burn victims and actual fire related incidents excluded).

That is why I said "some Note 7 owners", not all. Who knows if Samsung or carriers will offer discounts on the S8 or Note 8. But to sound off when a new phone is launched, and acting entitled like compensation was never provided, it makes me laugh. If its you, that's fine. If its not you, that's fine too. No big deal.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The part I'm dissapointed in over this entire thing is this. I was affected by the note 7. I had the note 5 and was more than halfway paid off. Upgraded to note 7. Had to send note 5 in cause it was a trade. Was very happy with note 7 then recall. Had to hand it back in. Now they said refund or another phone. I wanted my note 5 back along with what I had left to pay on it. Nope couldn't do that. Had to settle with 7edge and to pay for it. Much higher than what I had left. I was put into a phone I was not really happy with. Not settling for a really cheap phone. Because what I had before was a really good phone and I had paid a lot on it already. So I was really hoping for at least a discount. I didn't want the extra gifts. They can have those back. I would have rather them reset my payment to what I had owed before all this and have my note 5 back. That is how this should have happened. I just sent my note 5 back two days before we found out about the recall. GRRRRRRR. Well you live and you learn. Such is life. Sometimes we lose out.They don't owe free phones to us.

And THAT, alt075, is why I refused to Trade In my Note 5 - I still have it today, it's in a Box and it saved my arse twice during the Note 7 crisis, once when I had to send back the "Original" and then again when I sent back the "Replacement" - I finally bought a Galaxy S7 Active outright because I couldn't get used to the "edges" of the S7 Edge! That's what I'm using now while I WAIT for Samsung to figure out when they're going to get the Note 8 to us???

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
And THAT, alt075, is why I refused to Trade In my Note 5 - I still have it today, it's in a Box and it saved my arse twice during the Note 7 crisis, once when I had to send back the "Original" and then again when I sent back the "Replacement" - I finally bought a Galaxy S7 Active outright because I couldn't get used to the "edges" of the S7 Edge! That's what I'm using now while I WAIT for Samsung to figure out when they're going to get the Note 8 to us???

Yes I learned the hard way. lol. I liked the note 5 too. I really miss that phone. I asked if they had any more note 5 phones. They were sold out. I'm not going to be doing these trade in any more. I'll pay the phone then get a different one. Tired of throwing money away.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
be happy not with att............wont let me pay off balance now and have to wait until they are released.i dont get it. not allowing me to pay off and wait

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Verizon is telling me that I have to pay off my S7 Edge IN FULL if I want to get the S8. That is total BS considering that we were forced into these phones. Samsung or Verizon better figure something out quick. I'm not paying $600+ to upgrade. It would be cheaper to cancel my service & go elsewhere.

You weren't forced to get the S7. You were forced to return the note 7 though. You could have we talked down to the phone you had prior to the note 7 but you decided to get the S7

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You weren't forced to get the S7. You were forced to return the note 7 though. You could have we talked down to the phone you had prior to the note 7 but you decided to get the S7
I didn't have another phone. You have no clue what my situation was like. Doesn't matter now because I'm still getting the S8. But thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because last time I checked it's a forum? If you don't agree, why waste your time responding? Move along.

That poster is free to post just as you are free to post.

If this is your reply to someone who doesn't agree with you..

... :/

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have another phone. You have no clue what my situation was like. Doesn't matter now because I'm still getting the S8. But thanks.

Can you clarify why you didn't buy a different phone instead of getting the S7? Note 5? Used Note 5? Cheap J3?

You're saying we don't know your situation. It would help if you explained it.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Can you clarify why you didn't buy a different phone instead of getting the S7? Note 5? Used Note 5? Cheap J3?

If you're a mod you can actually go ahead and lock this thread. This situation has been taken care of.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site

exactly. you could have bought a s5 for 200 bucks and use that for 4 months

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're a mod you can actually go ahead and lock this thread. This situation has been taken care of.

Great Idea... "Ry", "Almeuit", "dpham00", "D13H4RD2L1V3" - someone? Close this one down - it's obvious, we are now just beating a dead horse! :)

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I do not think they are going to offer anything. I emailed cs at Samsung and asked before I preordered the S8+, even escalated it up to a manager and no luck. I was asking for the $100 they offered for staying with Samsung after returning the note 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38