Tempered Glass Screen Protector

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
.When I got the note 7, I got some of that liquid screen protector stuff and that stuff is awesome.

My only concern about that stuff is how you handle a scratch... Do you reapply, and the crack gets blended back in, or are you stuck?

Granted, that hasn't happened yet on the devices I've put it on.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
My only concern about that stuff is how you handle a scratch... Do you reapply, and the crack gets blended back in, or are you stuck?

Granted, that hasn't happened yet on the devices I've put it on.

You can reapply, or if it cracks, you can scratch it off with your fingernail.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Why can't Samsung make it.

Or even better these companies should just apply one off the factory like OnePlus. They give you the option to upgrade to Tempered Glass.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Never leave my AT&T Store without one! Generally, BodyGuardz HD Contour but I've also used SuperShieldz by Protection Professional and had decent luck with them as well. I had BodyGuardz HD Contours on both of my Note 7s and they stuck well and I had no sensitivity problems. I have one on my flat S7 Active now and it is the same... no issues. Just an opposing opinion.

BodyGuardz HD Contours are the only screen protector that I've been totally happy with for my edge phones because of the fit and durability. All glass protectors I've tried have been a miss with the edge phones because they don't fit well and the adhesive is usually just the top and bottom, allowing dust to get in. BodyGuardz also is case friendly as well.

If the screen was flat, then I would look for a glass protector. For my S8+, I will get a BodyGuardz like I did with my S7e. I will never buy a glass screen protector from Otterbein, by the way.

I did also buy the Spigen neo flex protectors as backup because i dont know if BodyGuardz will be available or in stock before I get the phone, and I need to put something on the screen before using it! The problem I have with the Spigen ones is that when I had them for my Note7, the healing properties didn't work well and my stylus left grooves and marks on the screen even with light use. But they're cheap and good enough to hold me over until I get a BodyGuardz.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
BodyGuardz HD Contours are the only screen protector that I've been totally happy with for my edge phones because of the fit and durability. All glass protectors I've tried have been a miss with the edge phones because they don't fit well and the adhesive is usually just the top and bottom, allowing dust to get in. BodyGuardz also is case friendly as well.

If the screen was flat, then I would look for a glass protector. For my S8+, I will get a BodyGuardz like I did with my S7e. I will never buy a glass screen protector from Otterbein, by the way.

I did also buy the Spigen neo flex protectors as backup because i dont know if BodyGuardz will be available or in stock before I get the phone, and I need to put something on the screen before using it! The problem I have with the Spigen ones is that when I had them for my Note7, the healing properties didn't work well and my stylus left grooves and marks on the screen even with light use. But they're cheap and good enough to hold me over until I get a BodyGuardz.
Where'd you get the body guardz one?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Where'd you get the body guardz one?

The only place I've ever seen them sold was at the AT&T stores. I wish they would sell them elsewhere since it's obviously charged at a premium there.

Edit:
Oh, shoot - I just decided to check and the brand is sold at Amazon. Weird, I never noticed it there before when I wanted one for my Note7 and S7e. I don't see any for the GS8 yet though. Also I notice that it's called a "glass screen protector" but it's not glass.. It's made of PET plastic.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto! Original Note 7, Replacement Note 7 and now on my Galaxy S7 Active... BodyGuardz HD Contour all the way! As I said earlier "I never leave my AT&T Store without one!" And I'll attest, that PET stuff is HARD... it's like the stuff soda bottles are made of. The S-Pen never left any visible indentation in the screen at all on the Note 7 which I really thought might be a problem being a plastic!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ditto, Ditto and Ditto! Original Note 7, Replacement Note 7 and now on my Galaxy S7 Active... BodyGuardz HD Contour all the way! As I said earlier "I never leave my AT&T Store without one!" And I'll attest, that PET stuff is HARD... it's like the stuff soda bottles are made of. The S-Pen never left any visible indentation in the screen at all on the Note 7 which I really thought might be a problem being a plastic!

Yup - that's what I like about it so much! The plastic is hard and because it's already contoured to the curve, you don't generally have that lift like you might from some protectors that are too rigid. It's the next best thing to glass. It was so annoying to have indentations on my Note7 from the neoflex protectors from Spigen that are supposed to auto-heal, which it didn't - not all the way. I pre-ordered my S8+ from AT&T, and I'll try to pick the BodyGuardz up from an AT&T store on launch day.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup - that's what I like about it so much! The plastic is hard and because it's already contoured to the curve, you don't generally have that lift like you might from some protectors that are too rigid. It's the next best thing to glass. It was so annoying to have indentations on my Note7 from the neoflex protectors from Spigen that are supposed to auto-heal, which it didn't - not all the way. I pre-ordered my S8+ from AT&T, and I'll try to pick the BodyGuardz up from an AT&T store on launch day.

The BodyGuardz Web Site shows S8 and S8+ product entries but both simple say "Coming Soon!" - No Information on what models will be available yet!

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You can probably use IQ Shield, Skinmoi,Illumiaquashield. I've used all 3. They are all wet install. The only way I will try a tempered glass is if they offer a money back guarantee. I see a lot of them on Amazon offer a lifetime guarantee but what good is a lifetime guarantee if it doesn't stick right. They should make 1 that goes to where the curve starts. It will sit flat,and the chances of scratching the edge are pretty slim IMO

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung should sell their infinity screened phones with screen saver already on. Forgot what other phone comes with that. Too bad they can't provide store service like this...

I have an AT&T Rep that does mine at my local store too - she's unbelievable!

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a S6 Edge and just used the normal flat tempered glass. Yes the edges were not protected and I only had a silicone case on it but it was fine. I did drop it a couple times and the it got a ding on one of the edges but the screen was clear. I have a S7 now and that is also covered with a tempered glass protector on the front and a silicon case for the back. The screen protector has a little crack on the bottom near the menu key but the screen itself is pristine. Any protection is better than none.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress