Sprint Galaxy S8 Very slow LTE speed in my galaxy S8 PLUS

masterq1104

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I start to notice that yesterday, I got a message that the phone was unable to establish a LTE connection when I was outside the house, but I didn't realize because most of the times I am in wifi, but today I was curious about that notification and tested, only 1.5 mbps down, webpages not even loading properly so I call sprint tech support, I was transfer to network support after some ts, more ts after that, and the rep couldn't identify the issues, neither my self, we tried everything, and everything was looking good in her ends computer, so she suggest me to go to the store so they can tested there and possible an exchange ( that early already ? )
Did anybody found the same issues with sprint or any other carrier already ? you can't realize of the problem when you are in wifi,

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I start to notice that yesterday, I got a message that the phone was unable to establish a LTE connection when I was outside the house, but I didn't realize because most of the times I am in wifi, but today I was curious about that notification and tested, only 1.5 mbps down, webpages not even loading properly so I call sprint tech support, I was transfer to network support after some ts, more ts after that, and the rep couldn't identify the issues, neither my self, we tried everything, and everything was looking good in her ends computer, so she suggest me to go to the store so they can tested there and possible an exchange ( that early already ? )
Did anybody found the same issues with sprint or any other carrier already ? you can't realize of the problem when you are in wifi,
Did you move to a different spot to test Sprint at my house was never that great on lte but a block away it flys

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No probs here. Metro ATL area.

Mav. :cool:
10a5e749872ed2bbb1662b39fabddcc5.jpg

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

What was your LTE speeds with your old phone? I'm with Verizon and I hit 50Mbps outside.

Jacy Hung

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I ran this a couple of days ago, the first speedtest I've ever ran on the S8. (Also the fastest I've ever gotten)

On T-Mobile's network with the S8.

e2b9462f5a.jpg

Trequad34

May 2, 2017
Visit site

I am having the same exact problem. I was under the impression it was just a sprint thing. but other sprint users without the s8 around me have no issues with Service

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's possible it's just a bad phone. If it's only happening in in one area, that's one thing. But, if it's happening everywhere, take it back and exchange it.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually get better signal and same speed on my S8 than my iPhone. I am on T-Mobile, but one thing I notice is at my job my iPhone would not let me use the phone or data in the lower floor of our building and with the S8 I was able to make calls and use data no problem which is a huge selling point for me

Renae

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on Verizon. I'm getting very frustrated with this. My speeds drop to less than 1Mbps. I've tried changing my network from global to the other two options with the same problem. The fix for me is to toggle airplane mode, however this ends up happening several times a day. I'm wondering if I have a faulty unit.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem with Sprint here in fact I'm getting faster LTE speed at the same locations then the S6 I had. Average is in the 40's highest is 100.3. So things are looking go here and not a single dropped call since day one when it was released.

colhyde

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I am also having these issues, with both an S8 and 2 G6's. I do not have problems in LTE plus areas, it is just in LTE only areas. I think it is a problem with their implementation of HPUE. Supposedly their Tier 2 Network support is supposed to be calling me back. The G6's will stay connected to LTE for 10 seconds, then drop all connectivity for 15 seconds, then repeat. Sprint has tried network reset, prl and profile updates, and sim pulls. I have another S6 on this account that has been upgraded to Android 7 and it does not have the issue, it stays connected consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez