Texts automatically start with a space.

Michael Cooper FL

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: Texts automatically start with a space. - Reset fixed it for me.

Thanks for the tip, but while it fixes the space issue, running without predictive text and spacing poses even more problems.

I tried the reset on the Samsung Keyboard and it fixed my issue without turning off the auto spacing feature. Settings\Language & Input. Click on "Virtual Keyboard", select "Samsung Keyboard", Note your settings. Go to the bottom and click "Reset Settings".

That's all I did and now I don't get that nasty first space. I don't see any settings that it actually changed but it did something!

RPMROADRACER

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I read this thread because I had the same problem... went into the settings and apps and all apps, chose the Samsung Keyboard and did a "Force Stop". When it restarted, no more space is there when I start a text.

mikem3223

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I actually returned my phone for this issue and had the same problem with the replacement. I agree that I shouldn't have to use a third party keyboard. I got the phone in September and the keyboard has been updated several times with no fix. WTH Samsung?! Swiftkey is fine, but I wish they had a dedicated long-press key for the ? and !. Pressing and sliding is not ideal for punctuation I use in most of my messages.

Ralentity

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Re: Texts automatically start with a space. - Reset fixed it for me.

This worked for me, thanks! I had to go to Settings - General Management - Language and input - Virtual keyboard - Samsung Keyboard and scroll all the way down to "Reset settings" for my Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime.

Ralentity

May 23, 2019
Visit site
This worked for me, thanks! I had to go to Settings - General Management - Language and input - Virtual keyboard - Samsung Keyboard and scroll all the way down to "Reset settings" for my Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699