iPhone to S8 Switchers

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone swichers

Gboard is what I use and I really like it. Also give Textra a try, you can actually download the iOS emoji pack for Textra.
I will try gboard... I think it's because this phone is narrower than my iPhone 6 plus, but it is very frustrating trying to type on this.

I tried textra, but it doesn't change the keyboard emojis, which is irritating. According to Google the only way I can change it is to root.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Like the others I had an iPhone from 4-6s. Just got a galaxy 8+ about a week ago. The only things I miss are imessage, because the rest of the family is on it. And the emojis. I hate the Samsung emojis, but that's not a big deal.

I am having a hard time learning to type again, I was super fast and smooth on the iPhone but it's like a whole different world typing on this thing. I'm trying SwiftKey, hoping it learns how I type to help, but I'm still struggling.

I think both of your problems, emojis and typing can be easily fixed by switching to Gboard, Google's keyboard.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I am trying Gboard now, but how do I change the emojis to iPhone style?

Well, maybe I'm wrong but I thought that the default emojis that the app brings were the same than the ones on iPhone, sorry but I'm not an emoji expert as I barely use them.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

My iP7+ had better battery life than the S8+. Also the stuttering is getting on my nerves. May return it.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I switched from the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus to the S8+ and I don't regret it at all. The battery life on my S8+ is so much better and last longer. I don't miss the restrictive Apple ecosystem.

I love this phone!

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I switched from the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus to the S8+ and I don't regret it at all. The battery life on my S8+ is so much better and last longer. I don't miss the restrictive Apple ecosystem.

I love this phone!

The battery does not last longer.

Attachments

• 1e1c294f7c592bfd96754732d88e2ce6.jpg
    1e1c294f7c592bfd96754732d88e2ce6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 112

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

I've been using the paid version of this app for over a year now and it's been pretty flawless in terms of Find My iPhone. And the developer really keeps up with it too. (It also works to find Android phones, btw.) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....nativefindmyiphone.lite&hl=en&token=PzJXWp46

It would be good if the other two phones I want to keep tabs of were here but my 12 year old twins have them 1200 miles away and from what I have seen I have to have to phones here to put the app on.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

I have switched back and forth between an iPhone and Android for the last year and currently have an IP7+ and the S8+, I am using the S8+ and the IP is in the draw for now.

The truth is I miss something from each when I am using the other. I'd echo what the others have said in iMessage and Facetime, I also miss the general app slickness and dual lens camera and sensibly placed finger print sensor. Battery life is also better on the iPhone for sure. I love the look and feel of the S8+ but also still really like the feel of the 7+ in the hand and do prefer the metal back to glass tbh.

When I have switched back to using the iPhone though there are lots of things I miss from Android too.

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

To be honest I am not missing anything from iPhone and I wouldn't never thought I would say that. Imessage isn't a big deal to me and FaceTime I don't really video conference people anyway. I wouldn't say this is a negative but I got to get used to the typing on the andriod. I notice I can't type as fast on here like I did on the iPhone

jwsnj3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Came from the iphone6
Took a little time to get used to it. Sometimes I still don't know what im doing. Like anything new it's a learning process. I feel like a noob. But I love it. Hardest thing was trying to get all my games and stuff onto the s8. Lol

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

It would be good if the other two phones I want to keep tabs of were here but my 12 year old twins have them 1200 miles away and from what I have seen I have to have to phones here to put the app on.

No, you don't. All you have to do is log into the app on your phone with the iCloud account. Doesn't need to be on the other phones. Literally works the same as Find My iPhone.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

switched from note 7 twice, then to s7edge then to v20 then to iphone 7 plus then s7ege then s8 plus. NOPE, NO NOTE 8 OR IPHOBE 8 FOR 1100 PLUS.

Yeah, I've told myself that countless times and then when the time comes - BOOM! - new phone. I'm not going to even to pretend that I won't be getting the next iteration of the iPhone when it hits. :)

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site

I switched after the iPhone 5 and after grabbing everything from iCloud there were no issues. Changing phones in general isn't seamless because there will always be stuff stored in local storage but for me at least it wasn't the problem it's made out to be.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

No, you don't. All you have to do is log into the app on your phone with the iCloud account. Doesn't need to be on the other phones. Literally works the same as Find My iPhone.

Thank you, it does work. Only thing I don't see is being able to put the phone in lost mode.

gops2116

May 6, 2017
Visit site

Moved from the iPhone 7 to the regular S8. Even through my S8 gives 2 hours of extra battery usage compared to the iPhone 7, I already miss the consistency of the iPhone when it comes to battery endurance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non