Bixby Reviews / Discussion

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It works pretty well so far. It's a little bit slower than I would like, but I know that it will all get ironed out eventually.

One thing I can definitely say is that button is hella-convenient. It's so easy to just hit that button and say a command!

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bixby Reviews!

I believe you can set up the home button on screen so that when you hold it, it will wake up Google Assistant.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I believe you can set up the home button on screen so that when you hold it, it will wake up Google Assistant.

Sorry doing to many things at once, this was in response to someone saying they hate calling the AI in Google Assistant.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yea the command that you can do on the screen makes sense to why they added the button. Since I started with Bixby voice I use the button all the time now

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Google assistant mainly for sending texts and making calls. Bixby forces you to use Samsung messages, it is buggy, sometimes it prints the message out sometimes it doesn't, but most annoying is when it does print the message out it tells you to push send.

Google assistant, it prints it out, then asks if you want to send, change, or cancel, totally hands free. I can also use textra, not forced to use Samsung messages. Bixby can do this also, there's a reason you have default messaging, Samsung is forcing us to use their messaging app.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Google assistant mainly for sending texts and making calls. Bixby forces you to use Samsung messages, it is buggy, sometimes it prints the message out sometimes it doesn't, but most annoying is when it does print the message out it tells you to push send.

Google assistant, it prints it out, then asks if you want to send, change, or cancel, totally hands free. I can also use textra, not forced to use Samsung messages. Bixby can do this also, there's a reason you have default messaging, Samsung is forcing us to use their messaging app.

It is buggy, but it is still a beta. Hopefully more features will smooth out and get more options as time goes on. I am still not sold.

Make sure you guys are providing feedback thru the official channels if you have some. It will help it get better.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It is buggy, but it is still a beta. Hopefully more features will smooth out and get more options as time goes on. I am still not sold.

Make sure you guys are providing feedback thru the official channels if you have some. It will help it get better.
It shows promise, but I do think they are going to force Samsung messages on us, they could have just set it up to use default messaging app.

I'll provide my feedback, but as of now Samsung has not given me a route to do that. They give us a question each time, how did I do, but no feedback forms to send in ideas, actual problems, such as mine, use the default messaging app, not just Samsung.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Got my Bixby set up this morning and been playing around a bit with it. I love the fact you can wake up the phone to access messages or whatever without pressing a button. I am going to mess around with it through out the day especially at work and see how things go.

Only thing I find annoying is Bixby's voice is really low and there doesn't seem to be a volume control for it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Got my Bixby set up this morning and been playing around a bit with it. I love the fact you can wake up the phone to access messages or whatever without pressing a button. I am going to mess around with it through out the day especially at work and see how things go.

Only thing I find annoying is Bixby's voice is really low and there doesn't seem to be a volume control for it.

I noticed that, but I'm assuming the low sound is part of beta.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site

It's just the media volume. When bixby is talking turn the volume up and the voice will be louder. I highly recommend installing Samsung's sound assistant app if you haven't already. It raises the media volume up and down by default not the ring volume.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

You can turn up the volume of it in settings

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I noticed that, but I'm assuming the low sound is part of beta.

The volume is low by default but if you execute any voice command you will see "Full Screen" at the bottom, when you click in there it will give you the full Bixby GUI, in there you have a volume icon and you can adjust the Bixby Voice volume there.

**Edit- Sorry I just realized that this was answered minutes ago. Too slow responding, I saw your posts and began replying but got out for a few minutes and when I got back I continued where I left and by that time it was already answered.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ive been messing with it a bit more at work today and I guess I can see some potential. Changing settings seems ok but for me, I dont change them enough for it to be useful. Im actually starting to like the button instead of holding the home button on screen for Google Assistant. I havent found much, besides reminders, that I found useful but Im going to keep learning what it can do.

The one issue I have is the cards on Bixby home page. I was swiping to access my edge apps and swiped away my calendar card. I tried toggling that card on and off in the settings but it wouldnt come back, even after a reboot. I had to completely wipe Bixby's data to get it back and reset up Bixby. Anyone know a way to get a swiped card back?

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ive been messing with it a bit more at work today and I guess I can see some potential. Changing settings seems ok but for me, I dont change them enough for it to be useful. Im actually starting to like the button instead of holding the home button on screen for Google Assistant. I havent found much, besides reminders, that I found useful but Im going to keep learning what it can do.

The one issue I have is the cards on Bixby home page. I was swiping to access my edge apps and swiped away my calendar card. I tried toggling that card on and off in the settings but it wouldnt come back, even after a reboot. I had to completely wipe Bixby's data to get it back and reset up Bixby. Anyone know a way to get a swiped card back?
After opening Bixby a few times you should see the calendar in there again.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

You can Download it in the galaxy app store.

What I don't get is it's listed as a supported app in the Bixby settings but it won't interact with it.
Ah ok. Yeah I just downloaded it to test and it's not working for me either. Maybe they're working on it. You would think it would work though since they say it's supported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa