Miss my iPhone

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Had an S8 for two months, and it's a great phone, but I find myself missing my iPhone. AT&T basically told me sorry about your luck you're stuck with it. It would cost me $350 to turn this phone in and then get a new iPhone.

I like this phone but I had an iPhone for so long, Android is just so foreign at this point.

I'm just complaining because AT&T's policies are stupid.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Had an S8 for two months, and it's a great phone, but I find myself missing my iPhone. AT&T basically told me sorry about your luck you're stuck with it. It would cost me $350 to turn this phone in and then get a new iPhone.

I like this phone but I had an iPhone for so long, Android is just so foreign at this point.

Their policies aren't "stupid" you had 14 days to test it out and decide whether you like it or not. If they let anyone switch phones anytime they wanted they would lose a ton of money. If you don't like it, pay it off and get an iPhone or sell it to pay for the cost of an iPhone.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Withdrawal can be difficult :) There are quite a few threads in the S8 forum directed at iOS converts, you're in the right place for assistance.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I absolutely feel you! I just signed up with Sprint and I had kind of decided to exchange for the iPhone 7 bc I ordered an iPad too. Sprint then turns around and raises my original down payment from $55 dollars to $210 dollars if I wanted to exchange. I was only two day in to my 14 day return exchange policy. Sprint is at the bottom for a reason. To address your post I too used exclusive apple for many years until a year ago. I have the S8 regular size and so I've just decided to be happy with it. I think you will find that with a little more time that you'll find yourself to appreciate the S8 as its actually a killer device. The only reason why I wanted to exchange to the 7 iPhone was I wanted to be able to text and receive calls on my new iPad. Give your S8 some time and you'll find yourself liking it more and more. Plus the iPhone 8 is not far off. I was told from a very high up engineer with Apple to not get an iPhone right now. Three new models are not far away and you'd be wasting your money. He said wait at all costs. So if you're are going to still make the move and spend that 350 according to this guy who makes over 20k a month very high up with Apple, he said WAIT!!! Good luck.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 8 great time to switch back
Won't it be the iPhone 7S? Lol. They've been getting away with S models for years now. Why would they quit.

Not sure how you could miss the iPhone over this phone but to each his own. Should have been able to tell that in two weeks easily though. Not AT&T's fault.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You really expect them to just let you switch to an ipone for free after two months? Their policy is the same as everyone else.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Won't it be the iPhone 7S? Lol. They've been getting away with S models for years now. Why would they quit.

Not sure how you could miss the iPhone over this phone but to each his own. Should have been able to tell that in two weeks easily though. Not AT&T's fault.
They're doing the s model and the more expensive iPhone 8 (X)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you think some one should exchange you a phone after using for 2 months. You could always sell the S8 and buy an iPhone. Or find someone willing to trade etc. Don't think AT&T has any obligation to help out, some scenarios they do help out but this is more like buyers remorse and it's too late to return or exchange.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
just hold out for the new iPhone. I always bounce back between the two... but I will say this has been the best user experience for me of any android I have ever had.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
IPhone 8 great time to switch back

Yeah those massive bezels on the new iPhone 8 leaks... They are stunning! Along side the shiney casing... Looks retro like it's from the past not the present. Most hideous iPhone I've seen, part of the reason I moved from an iPhone to this s8, apple gone barmy.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Came from 4 years of iPhone and I would not look back. I am also heavily into the apple eco system and the S8 works well with it using all the google apps.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those massive bezels on the new iPhone 8 leaks... They are stunning! Along side the shiney casing... Looks retro like it's from the past not the present. Most hideous iPhone I've seen, part of the reason I moved from an iPhone to this s8, apple gone barmy.

The iPhone 8 leaks give it similar bezels to the s8. Not sure what you're looking at.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just don't understand the need to charge $350 to turn in the phone. I mean, even used they can still sell it for pretty close to new price. I would understand like $100 or something, but $350, to be able to give them the phone back seems crazy.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand the need to charge $350 to turn in the phone. I mean, even used they can still sell it for pretty close to new price. I would understand like $100 or something, but $350, to be able to give them the phone back seems crazy.

You think they can sell a two month old used phone at a similar to new price?🤣😂🤣 Used phones take a hit similar to driving a new car off the lot.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why the original poster can't just sell his phone on swappa or eBay. Yes you will take a big hit. Especially if you paid full retail. But such is life. Your best bet is to use some of the iOS launchers and make the phone more Apple like. Slowly switch it over. Look, I feel your pain. After many years of iPhone use I just got the S8 and am struggling with it. It's a total shock. But I will keep at it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That's att's early termination fee. I think all cell companies have that fee. The company is trying to make some of their money back because they'll have to sell the phone as refurbished with a lower price.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

If you feel a two month old phone can bring almost retail then sell it yourself make 700.00 buck, pay off your carrier and make a profit!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Sell your S8 on Swappa.com and get an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. The S8, you can easily sell it for $500+. The iPhone 6s Plus you can easily buy it for roughly $500 more or less depending on condition and type. No extra fees and safe PayPal transaction, no risk as all phones are verified via IMEI check.

I missed my V20 so that was what I actually did. Carriers rip you off with trade in values and added activation fees and taxes. Glad to have my V20 back, though S8 was a great phone.

Tip: do not sell it on eBay as they will take a huge cut. I learned my lesson and never sell my phone on there anymore. They take like 12-15% which is like $100. Swappa charges a flat rate of either $10-20 and it's actually added on to the sell price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk