The S8 is the smoothest Android interface I've ever used. Thoughts?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nope it's saying I have the latest update. That's got to be carrier related for me not to have gotten it. It's fine as I like being able to make the color nav bar I want. It's odd though if not carrier related.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
What security patch are you on?

The update is not carrier related lol. I know you want to believe that but it's not lol.

http://www.androidbeat.com/2017/06/...te-makes-easier-switch-apps-full-screen-mode/
289c295b3be56b7c6121806842f0c73a.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I just don't understand why I wouldn't get this update but received my other update. Possibly it hasn't pushed through yet. I'm not sure to be honest. I texted my buddy about it to see what he has to say. I'm waiting on him to respond.
Yeah you've got the update from June 13th. I want to say the newest one started rolling out July 3rd or something.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So do you think it was carrier pushed then? It has to be since I don't have it. Any ideas or advice on this. Makes me wonder why I didn't receive it now.

Ok, we have to stop saying carrier pushed here. The unlocked versions get updates straight through Samsung. The only carrier pushes are carrier branded firmware. You are now on unlocked firmware so you shouldnt be getting carrier updates anymore.

Can anyone with an unlocked model verify that they got the latest AQF7 update? As far as Ive seen, Verizon is the only version that hasnt received it. Its possible it hasnt released yet which would make me wonder if Samsung is going back to their old ways.

If someone else has the AQF7 update on an unlocked phone, then you need to talk to your buddy and have him figure out why you arent getting updates.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok, we have to stop saying carrier pushed here. The unlocked versions get updates straight through Samsung. The only carrier pushes are carrier branded firmware. You are now on unlocked firmware so you shouldnt be getting carrier updates anymore.

Can anyone with an unlocked model verify that they got the latest AQF7 update? As far as Ive seen, Verizon is the only version that hasnt received it.

If someone else has the AQF7 update on an unlocked phone, then you need to talk to your buddy and have him figure out why you arent getting updates.
I sent him a text. Waiting on him to respond. Thank you for posting that up to confirm it. It'll be interesting to see what the responses are. Now I'm worried and wondering.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I sent him a text. Waiting on him to respond. Thank you for posting that up to confirm it. It'll be interesting to see what the responses are. Now I'm worried and wondering.

I wouldnt worry, its highly possible it hasnt released yet. If it has Im sure its an easy fix. I know it pushed to Europe and one person on here using Telus in Canada got it also but it didnt have the navbar update.

Samsungs updates are a mess.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I wouldnt worry, its highly possible it hasnt released yet. If it has Im sure its an easy fix. I know it pushed to Europe and one person on here using Telus in Canada got it also but it didnt have the navbar update.

Samsungs updates are a mess.
Thank you man. I appreciate that. Yeah I've read where their updates are not timely. So it's definitely a Samsung update so maybe it hasn't been pushed to my phone yet. That's my hope anyway. Especially now since I've unlocked it and flashed it. I want to ensure all is fine on my end. Definitely has me a little worried now but I appreciate you saying that and easing my mind.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you man. I appreciate that. Yeah I've read where their updates are not timely. So it's definitely a Samsung update so maybe it hasn't been pushed to my phone yet. That's my hope anyway. Especially now since I've unlocked it and flashed it. I want to ensure all is fine on my end. Definitely has me a little worried now but I appreciate you saying that and easing my mind.

Reading a bit online, Im going to assume it hasnt released yet to the US unlocked firmware. Thats the only thing that makes any sense. Theres no reason you shouldnt get updates.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That update is for the unlocked international variant, the US unlocked variant has not got any recent updates and it's on June security patch which it received long time back.

Ok so then Samsung is going back to their old ways with unlocked updates it seems. I know the one guy on here in Canada got it a couple weeks ago. Kinda odd that Canada and the US would get varying updates.

I dont understand why they dont just dump one update for all unlocked devices at once.

Dconn: when you get it, you can still set your nav color, you just have to use adb to do so.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Reading a bit online, Im going to assume it hasnt released yet to the US unlocked firmware. Thats the only thing that makes any sense. Theres no reason you shouldnt get updates.
Looks like one responded confirming what you just said. International release and not US released yet. I must be one of few to be straight from like I bought it direct from Samsung unlocked and no carrier branding. That has to be it. You got it figured out and I appreciate your help to me on that my friend. Your are a good man.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok so then Samsung is going back to their old ways with unlocked updates it seems. I know the one guy on here in Canada got it a couple weeks ago. Kinda odd that Canada and the US would get varying updates.

I dont understand why they dont just dump one update for all unlocked devices at once.
Yeah agree, it's bunch of idiots who are writing/managing the software from Samsung. They could learn a thing or two from Apple, Google.

I don't care if they have million crippled carrier variants since apparently no one cares about all the different versions. But at least for the non carrier unlocked firmware they should have one firmware which will make managing/pushing updates easier.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Looks like one responded confirming what you just said. International release and not US released yet. I must be one of few to be straight from like I bought it direct from Samsung unlocked and no carrier branding. That has to be it. You got it figured out and I appreciate your help to me on that my friend. Your are a good man.

I feel kinda bad making you worry lol.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah agree, it's bunch of idiots who are writing/managing the software from Samsung. They could learn a thing or two from Apple, Google.

I don't care they have million crippled carrier variants since apparently no one cares about all the different versions. But at least for the non carrier unlocked firmware they should have one firmware which will make managing/pushing updates easier.

Exactly. The reason to have an unlocked version is to streamline things and make it easier without all the carrier junk.

1 month the unlocked versions got an update 2 weeks earlier, the next month their 2 weeks behind.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I feel kinda bad making you worry lol.
No man I needed to get a peace of mind on it. Thank you for staying with me while I thought it was carrier pushed. Saying that though wouldn't that mean that in part it was since I did receive it the first time when I was locked to sprint but now that I'm not I haven't received it again. Only through a carrier did I initially receive it. None the less I appreciate you hanging in with me to help me figure it out.