"Note to self" default

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to change the default app that opens when you give Google the "note to self" command? I have mine set to Evernote, which is fine, but I wanted to look at the other options, and I can't figure out how to do it.

(You used to be able to hit a little drop-down box when you spoke the command, but I don't see it anymore.)

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Open a new note to self. Then, press and hold the current app to which the note would be saved. This will give you the drop-down again to select a different app.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I see what you mean now. HOld the Evernote icon in the new note. That gave me the drop-down. Thanks so much!!

Doesn't seem to be working. When I say, "OK Google, note to self," it flashes past a Google Assistant (or whatever they're calling it) screen and automatically opens a new note in Evernote. If I back out of the Evernote note and go back to the GA screen, press-and-hold on the Evernote icon does nothing. (Pressing it quickly opens another note in Evernote.)

What am I doing wrong? Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't back out. Press and hold on Evernote in the new note that you've opened from GA. That's where you'll get the drop-down.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add one trick I found, in case anyone searches this thread in the future. If you give the command, "Use Evernote to open a note to self," or "Use Gmail to open a note to self," Google Assistant will open the note in that program. You can switch among any compatible apps/programs this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa