AT&T Galaxy S8 Icons show through screen

tankerzuke

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I noticed awhile back that my icons have started to show all the time through whatever is on my screen. When I look at pics I've taken i can see my home screen, when I'm watching a movie I can see my home screen. I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop it.

Is this a setting? A common issue? I would appreciate any help thanks. I will attach a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-181921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-181921_Chrome.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like screen burn-in, especially since we don't see what you're talking about in your screenshot.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Screenshots can't show burn-in. (It's sort of like wanting them to show screen scratches. Burn-in is a physical thing happening to the screen.)
There are apps that may help eliminate some of it - look in Play for AMOLED.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Screenshots can't show burn-in. (It's sort of like wanting them to show screen scratches. Burn-in is a physical thing happening to the screen.)
There are apps that may help eliminate some of it - look in Play for AMOLED.
This...^^^

Although, there is no eliminating it once the burn-in is done. The only solution is replace the screen, or replace the phone.

My son had burn-in from a game he played constantly on his S8. Now, it's used as a backup phone for us that stays off except when I check it and charge it every few days (it runs minimal apps, no email, and battery saving mode as much as possible). Still, when I do turn the screen on, the burned in graphics and pink hue (from the game's original green background) is still there.

If the home screen icons are burned in, the screen must have had a really long time-out setting.