Anyone here move from the Note 8 to the S9 Plus and not sure about it?

Galway 77

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a the S7 edge that I'm going to pay off this weekend, and give to my wife. I'm getting a new phone, but torn between the note 8 and S9 plus.i like the more squared off corners of the note 8 , but it's more expensive for an older phone... decisions decisions. ...

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have Tmobile and used a Jump on Demand Jump to go to the S9Plus from my Note 8. I preordered it so I have both right now, taking a little time to decide which to actually keep. I really do like the S9Plus but not sure I want to let the Note go.

Curious if anyone else has done the same.

I left my note 8 yesterday as I upgraded to the s9plus and I'll tell you this. The 845 snap dragon chipset makes the s9 si much faster than the note 8 and also I believe oreo has helped it so much more then android nougat on the note 8. You wont be disappointed even the messaging app has been modified better.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I left my note 8 yesterday as I upgraded to the s9plus and I'll tell you this. The 845 snap dragon chipset makes the s9 si much faster than the note 8 and also I believe oreo has helped it so much more then android nougat on the note 8. You wont be disappointed even the messaging app has been modified better.
I wasn't disappointed in it at all. But I still like my Note 8 that along with the idea of having the hundred and $28 back was enticing enough to go back to the Note 8 for now LOL. I tell you what though if the note 9 is like that S9 Plus that is something to definitely consider

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
When I lived in Missouri I bought guns a lot because I had nice ranges near me. Since moving to FL I don't like the few ranges they have down here near me. I was spending a lot on guns.

I'm keeping my Note 8. I don't use spen a lot but the S9 Plus is quite a bit smaller than the Note 8. I like the bigger phone. If the Note 9 has some insane price tag then I'd look at the S9 Plus possibly.

I have the luxury of living right down the road from my favorite range. Which is very RARE in CT.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had no intentions on switching my Note 8 for an S9 Plus but unfortunately I dropped my Note 8 with a case and cracked my screen.

So I did what any phone enthusiasts would do, listed on eBay to salvage what I can and use the money towards a S9 Plus

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Oscar. That does help. I've got Oreo and Samsung Experience running on my Note 8 already, so many of the updates to Samsung software are already on it. But the performance improvement sounds good. Wondering about the battery life...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried the S9+

TBH, it's nice and it's obviously better in many ways, but I'm keeping the Note8.

Yes, the S9+ is faster, but my Note8 isn't slow by any means (both are on Exynos SoCs). If anything, in daily operations, I never felt "Oh boy, I need the S9 because it's that much faster". Yeah, in heavy tasks, the S9 wins with zero doubt, but in normal operations, the Note8 is no slouch. And I'm one of those people who uses the S Pen every day, so the S9 is not going to appeal to me personally.

The camera on the S9+ is also great but I've been using HDR+ on my Note8 and aside from noise, I preferred its output overall. I would expect the same out of the S9.

It is a really good phone and I'm happy that many others seem to enjoy using it, but me personally, I'm sticking with the Note8 for quite a while. It's a great phone and doesn't seem to be a rebel against what I want it to do.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried the S9+

TBH, it's nice and it's obviously better in many ways, but I'm keeping the Note8.

Yes, the S9+ is faster, but my Note8 isn't slow by any means (both are on Exynos SoCs)......................

............ I'm one of those people who uses the S Pen every day, so the S9 is not going to appeal to me personally.
Exactly. For me, the S series just gives me a glimpse of the baseline for the Note that comes later in the year. Nice to have a preview of some of the new year upgrades. But, I'm a commercial construction manager. There is nothing quite like snapping a picture, popping out the pen, marking it up, and sending it off to the Architect, client, trade, or office to illustrate a field condition or issue - and I do that all the time. There just isn't enough in the new S9 for me to give up the pen, but it gives me something to look forward to in the Note 9.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. For me, the S series just gives me a glimpse of the baseline for the Note that comes later in the year. Nice to have a preview of some of the new year upgrades. But, I'm a commercial construction manager. There is nothing quite like snapping a picture, popping out the pen, marking it up, and sending it off to the Architect, client, trade, or office to illustrate a field condition or issue - and I do that all the time. There just isn't enough in the new S9 for me to give up the pen, but it gives me something to look forward to in the Note 9.
And if you use the pen all the time then really the S series was never really a option for you. The S line is for those that don't use the pen. Or for those like me that have the new phone disease lol.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
And if you use the pen all the time then really the S series was never really a option for you. The S line is for those that don't use the pen. Or for those like me that have the new phone disease lol.
Yes, I understand that some percentage of Note owners bought it for reasons other then the Pen. Those people may choose to jump back and forth between S and Note as each leap-frogs the other in performance and features. If not for the pen, I would probably choose S9+ over Note 8.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I understand that some percentage of Note owners bought it for reasons other then the Pen. Those people may choose to jump back and forth between S and Note as each leap-frogs the other in performance and features. If not for the pen, I would probably choose S9+ over Note 8.
This. I don't use the S Pen enough that it'd ever be a must-have feature but it's nice when I want it and I like knowing it's there. I have a S9+ on my desk that I'm playing with and it really is just like using the Note 8 except for a few things (No SPen, better/faster for scanner). Intelligent Scan is nice. I like that you can increase the touch sensitivity on the S9+ for use with screen protectors. When are we Note users gonna get that!? ...hope it's in our Oreo update.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For me so far I'm not missing the note. Like I said I don't use the pen a lot anyway so for me it's a non issue. Dropped off my note to AT&T this morning. I like the new upgraded features on the camera, I actually like the AR emojis. So far I'm enjoying the S9 plus more than I did when I first got the Note 8. I'll see how the device fares down the road.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
For me so far I'm not missing the note. Like I said I don't use the pen a lot anyway so for me it's a non issue. Dropped off my note to AT&T this morning. I like the new upgraded features on the camera, I actually like the AR emojis. So far I'm enjoying the S9 plus more than I did when I first got the Note 8. I'll see how the device fares down the road.
How's your battery life compred to the Note?

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This exactly.

I am liking my S9+ so far. I find the size slightly more pocketable than my Note 8. This S9+ also seems to have a display with more accurate colour.
I never used the S-Pen, so I won't miss it.
The fingerprint reader is in the perfect position on the S9+, not so much on my Note...
I am also finding the combo Face/Iris scan is faster to read/unlock than the Iris scanner on the Note 8.

I haven't had time to compare the camera yet, but i'm off to Hawaii next week, so i'll put the S9+ through the paces. The software update I just received seems to have improved the front facing camera. It was horrid out of the box.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
How's your battery life compred to the Note?
So far I can't tell. I just got it and have been using it like crazy. Hardly a typical day for me. But it seems a little better. But after a few days I'll go back to real world usage. It's always being used now as it's new and shiny.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys all s9+ users ...does it have features like smart select which we have on note 8..?
or we can download the app sep

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Guys all s9+ users ...does it have features like smart select which we have on note 8..?
or we can download the app sep
Built in.
51631e89a10c2e03e7abb8a33f021228.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanx bro....how's the battery life of s9+ compared to Note 8...
Thou a saw a battery drain video note 8 beats S9+ I wonder how ? Will post link soon
I dont pay a bit of attention to the videos. I look at real time reviews on here , people that are using the phones now, not videos created by various sources.

Battery is great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87