Remove app labels

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I love using TouchWiz on my S9+, but I was wondering if there's a way to remove the app labels that are on the homescreen without installing a different launcher?

I did a google search and found some recommendations for a shortcut creator app (like QuickShortcutMaker) which did create shortcuts on the homescreen, but unfortunately could not change or remove the app labels 🙁

Is there any other option out there?
Thanks!

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Update:
If anyone is interested, I found an app that can create shortcuts on the homescreen and remove the labels.

Shortcut Creator

2jpm3LQ.jpg

xantoo

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
With Shortcut Creator?
If so, insert a space in the Name field.

Does this app still work? I can't get it to work on my S9. If I create shortcut on homescreen it just makes "Shortcut Creator" app shortcut not the actual app I chose. It kinda does work if I check "Smart Shortcut" but how can I remove that small little badge in bottom-right corner and how to make shortcut without white border?

20190327_185704.jpg

Zipzash

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
Does this app still work? I can't get it to work on my S9. If I create shortcut on homescreen it just makes "Shortcut Creator" app shortcut not the actual app I chose. It kinda does work if I check "Smart Shortcut" but how can I remove that small little badge in bottom-right corner and how to make shortcut without white border?

View attachment 301099

Yes, Android O kind of messed it up but you can still make It work.
Instead of opening the app directly, On the home screen, make a widget and choose "Shortcut creator" and then the app should open up itself and then choose your app and delete the name.
MAKE SURE you put a space in the name and select Smart Shortcut. And there you go. Hope this helps

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A lot of work just to keep the launcher. Most launchers allow renaming shortcuts by just long-pressing them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38