Buying at Costco?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's any word yet if Costco will have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for sale, but if anybody finds that info at any point, it'll be good to know.

It would be especially awesome since I could return my Xoom and buy a Tab 10.1 in one fell swoop...

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they sell it since that's also where I bought my XOOM. Just returned it and am loving the 90 day return policy.

ajschenk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I asked the wireless guy at my local Costo (usually know's all about what is going in the warehouse, wireless and otherwise) and he said they would not be carrying the 10.1. He said that the Galaxy 7 sales were poor and Xoom returns were hight, and that was probably what the deciding factor was for Costo.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
oh man that's kinda bad news. i was seriously considering getting it from Costco seeing all these people return their XOOMs for it! that 90-day return policy sounds amazing.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Aw damnit, now there's talk about Tegra 3 chips being put into tablets by August, so now I don't know if I even want to stick with the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Would be nice if I could get it at Costco so that if I'm not in love with it, I could return it in August for a Tegra 3 tablet that I could finally stick with. Hopefully one with a damn Micro SD slot.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Aw damnit, now there's talk about Tegra 3 chips being put into tablets by August, so now I don't know if I even want to stick with the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Would be nice if I could get it at Costco so that if I'm not in love with it, I could return it in August for a Tegra 3 tablet that I could finally stick with. Hopefully one with a damn Micro SD slot.

My thoughts exactly - would be nice to be able to return in case it's not as good as I thought it would be or in case a quad-core tablet really does come out by the end of August

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Then November new tablets with super chip xyz will be coming out. There is always going to be something better on the way.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Then November new tablets with super chip xyz will be coming out. There is always going to be something better on the way.

I do agree with what you're saying, but in general the "something better" is either only incrementally better or it's a full year away.

I generally don't want to buy a product whose successor is leaps and bounds beyond and only two months away. I wouldn't be waiting if Tegra 3 were coming out summer 2012, but an extra 2 months? You bet I'll wait for that (if there are any confirmed release dates)

Saucz

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Not to be some kind of righteous preacher but what a way to completely manipulate and exploit a system while ruining it for other people eh?

Reactions: m5rahul

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Not to be some kind of righteous preacher but what a way to completely manipulate and exploit a system while ruining it for other people eh?

I see what you're saying, but if a better product comes out within my return policy, should I feel bad about returning it and buying the better thing? I'm not saying I shouldn't feel bad (although I definitely know that I won't, haha), I'm just pointing out that the point of a return policy is to return a product I'm unhappy with and if a product is leaps and bounds ahead within that time-frame, it seems like one should be allowed to take advantage.

Reactions: Stang68

m5rahul

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Started with TVs, then trickled down to all electronics... This is why Costco now has a 90 day return policy, versus the "return anytime" option.

The way people "borrowed" the xoom, I wouldn't be surprised if Costco tightened it's return options further!!

Sad, indeed!

gti3527

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Started with TVs, then trickled down to all electronics... This is why Costco now has a 90 day return policy, versus the "return anytime" option.

The way people "borrowed" the xoom, I wouldn't be surprised if Costco tightened it's return options further!!

Sad, indeed!

Costco is not Grand Rental Station! They had a great policy and people buying computers from them and bringing them back 6 months later ruined it. Now the 90 day policy is going to be taken away because of the XOOM boom.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Costco is not Grand Rental Station! They had a great policy and people buying computers from them and bringing them back 6 months later ruined it. Now the 90 day policy is going to be taken away because of the XOOM boom.

Lol I don't think "XOOM boom" is or was ever real. The returns of XOOMs to Costco will be a little blip on the radar.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If Tegra 3 devices were just around the corner (a couple months away), why would so many companies be investing so much into Tegra 2 devices right now? Plus, look at how long these current devices took to get to market... I think we are more than a couple months away from anything "leaps and bounds" ahead of what we have now

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If Tegra 3 devices were just around the corner (a couple months away), why would so many companies be investing so much into Tegra 2 devices right now? Plus, look at how long these current devices took to get to market... I think we are more than a couple months away from anything "leaps and bounds" ahead of what we have now

For the same reason devices are still shipping with Froyo. I fully suspect that Tegra 3 chips are ready, but the testing and design process is not nearly done. I predict that it will be a full 6 months before we see any tegra 3 devices on the market. I will also wager that Amazon will be the first to release.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Tegra 3 (aka Kal-El) is expected to be 5x better and released in August.

While I agree that they'll probably be a little late, the reason they've been releasing stuff on Tegra 2 right now is because Honeycomb wasn't ready until March. Doesn't mean the hardware can't evolve...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87