How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

pimpsocrates

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Try this before you do factory reset:

I kept getting this same error, "android.process.media has stopped..." and also "android.process.acore has stopped..." The message started after I unrooted. I was able to solve the issue by installing Jelly Bean 4.1 update. This is the link on how to do it:

Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint L710 To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VPBMD4 Firmware

I highly recommend backing up everything you hold dear before you root or unroot your phone. This update is what saved my phone as I didn't backup before unrooting. I couldn't make a call on my phone nor even install a backup app. I was about to restore factory update until I decided to try this first, and it worked. Make sure you are downloading an official Jelly Bean Stock update; the link on the instructions above works.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, Sprint. Hope this helps.

Angel Moreno

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy, the first one I believe which came out in 2012. My phone will not let me do a thing. I have done everything you could possibly imagine, factory reset, Settings --> Applications -->All--> Download Manager --> Clear Data/Cache. Not one thing worked. Help. :(

Omg i did that wrong sorry.. i have a lg optimus l9 phone i have tried hard factory reset tried to clear everything went into apps and tried to reset everything and disenabled and nothing works.. is there an app i can use to stop the error message.. its annoying

Last edited by a moderator:

chinthaka medagama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i got a massage 'unfortunately ui has stop working' and i have power off my q3 tab.now i cant power on my tab,there is only showing anaroid and also i cnt power off my tab.please if you can help me to fix this problem

Rajiv Kumar

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I just recently did a software update to my device, since my device was prompting me to. Then this error message would keep popping up after reboot and would slow down my device. It pops up about every 4 -5 seconds and won't give me a chance to barely do anything. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Same problem plz help

Last edited by a moderator:

wilfywood

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated Galaxy2 (not rooted.....yet) via Kies from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2 JBean. No camera, alarm, music player, or gallery and had the annoying process media error message almost constantly.

Tried removing SD card, disabling account syncs and cleared every cache there is with no change.

Disabled DRM protected content and disable Media storage apps, using settings> application manager>all.

This basically stops any access to any media (music, ring tones, sd card ,photos, etc).

So I reluctantly did a factory reset not expecting it to work...but it did

Worth a try.

Last edited:

ASSHAMSIE

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer
Q. How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped ?
A. To solve gallery problem, just go to Settings-Apps-All- find Media Storage- then click Enable..

trofini

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Fix: Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

I get message tittled 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped' from my TV mobile phone when i turned on. since getting this message i cannot make a call from TVC phone. please assist how to rectify this problem

Regards,
Ngowi

sandipkalola

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
add simple one line code in your AndroidManifest.xml file

< application

android:allowBackup="true"

**android:largeHeap="true"**

android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:theme="@style/Apptheme"
>

Shadha Umer

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem :(
That message comes and my tablet shuts down automatically! I can't open my Music, Google Play Music or Camera!
One of my friend suggested Clean Master Cleaner to delete the junk files!

Kilo Tango

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
This seems to be working for now. Thank you for the link. I hate to say it but after paying this much for a phone and having as many issues with it as I'm having, I will be going back to iphone with my next upgrade. This is out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty