Galaxy Tab 7.7: update notice?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, my Verizon Samsung 7.7 tablet gave me a message that there is an update available, and a restart was required. So I went ahead and did the restart, and my tablet took several minutes to do its thing. However, after it was done, I did not notice anything new. My tablet is still running the same Android 4.0.4 version. Anyone experienced the same thing?

Casey

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What? You already had ics? If you dont mind me asking when did you purchase? I also got attempted update which failed miserably but mine came and still has the stock honeycomb.i am just wondering if verizon is going to get us the jelly bean update that just was announced for the 7.7 when they seem unable or unwilling to honor the ics update to most of their other customers.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought my tablet last weekend at a local Verizon store which already had Android version 4.0.4 installed. I've read that the previous version was offered when this tablet first came out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
What? You already had ics? If you dont mind me asking when did you purchase? I also got attempted update which failed miserably but mine came and still has the stock honeycomb.i am just wondering if verizon is going to get us the jelly bean update that just was announced for the 7.7 when they seem unable or unwilling to honor the ics update to most of their other customers.

By the way, I visited a different Verizon store today, and that store had 2 floor models running the older Android 3.x version. I guess every Verizon store has different versions in stock.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I still have android 3.2 on my 7.7. About every 3 - 5 days it will do a 29.3 update which tells me that it is updating to 4.04, no way a 29.3mb update can be an OS update to a new version, the update to 4.04 would be 283.1mb. Don't know when VZW will get the update correct so everyone will get the OTA update to 4.04

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I still have android 3.2 on my 7.7. About every 3 - 5 days it will do a 29.3 update which tells me that it is updating to 4.04, no way a 29.3mb update can be an OS update to a new version, the update to 4.04 would be 283.1mb. Don't know when VZW will get the update correct so everyone will get the OTA update to 4.04

Sorry to hear. I obviously lucked out getting 4.0.4 out of the box from a Verizon store. It usually doesn't pay to be early adopters sometimes! I've certainly been burned too many times myself jumping on the band wagon too early. Heck, a year ago, I bought a first generation Fujitsu tablet with full Windows 7 and 10" touch screen. However, the touch screen is horribly laggy to the point of uselessness, and the tablet has been sitting in my closet even though I spent nearly $1,000 for that P.O.S. Uggh!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got the 4.0.4 update in 2 packages. The first was about 20-something mb and the second was the ICS update at like 280-something MB. It never failed on me. Try forcing an update?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I had to send mine back to Samsung to get ics. About a 9 day process. Runs like a dream. I also really received and ran the small update after it came back

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2