RANT: the amount of bloatware is unacceptable --we should be allowed to remove it

MikeSp

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The amount of bloatware on my Tab 10.1 Pro is so significant that it significantly slows things down and I suspect it is due to the measly 2 gigs of ram. When I disable all of the MANY bloatware apps that Samsung was kind enough to install, the tablet runs FAST as it should. BUT, whenever I turn it off and back on, ALL of the damned bloatware crap reinstalls itself and the tablet slows down after a few hours of usage.

IMNSHO, when anyone purchases a tablet or phone, they should have a legal right BY LAW to remove any bloatware apps of their choice -- the tablet or phone does NOT belong to Samsung -- I paid for mine. The Pro has more bloatware than any tablet or phone I have ever used -- in fact more than all of them combined. It would be nice if I had the financial resources to simply buy new, but my phones and tablets must last two years and I can guarantee that this is the last Samsung device that I will ever purchase.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree. But the only way I know to get rid of it is to root it. Then the bloatware will become uninstallable. Or, just buy Nexus devices.

Science Aperture

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it sucks. Unfortunately there aren't many choices when it comes to large Android tablets so it's either putting up with it or going the Apple route. The Nexus 10 is now almost two years old, for crying out loud.