Silence phone while wearing watch.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with this feature? I've had it on since I've gotten the watch but every now and again my phone will still ring, but the ringer sound is glitching. It kind of cuts in and out a bit like it can't decide if it should ring or not. Lol.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Hmmm. Nope, haven't yet noticed that at all. For me, the sync'd do not disturb watch and phone seems to work flawlessly.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about do not disturb though, I mean "mute notifications on phone" while wearing the watch is on under notification settings in the wear app. My phone will occasionally still ring but the output sound is choppy. No "do not disturb" involved.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I did a quick test. Made sure "do not disturb" wasn't on (on watch and on phone). Then, turned off "sync do not disturb". Then, turned on "mute notifications on phone when wearing watch". Then, had someone call my phone. When the call came in, the audio for the ringtone (and shortly afterwards for also the voicemail notification) played on both the watch and on the phone. They both played fully, clearly and without interruption/breaks (but I assume they shouldn't have played at all).

I noticed that the "mute notifications on phone when..." setting at the wear app says it's about allowed notifications on the watch. Maybe there is something else also in the notification setting for the phone app, in the wear app or on the watch. I didn't notice anything weird or obvious, didn't specifically look too much further into it either though, but did also notice for my arrangement that not all apps had been selected for "choose which apps are allowed to send notifications".

Also, on my phone wear app there is two possible sub settings associated to "show phone notifications on watch", about alerts if the phone is in use or if the phone isn't in use. I didn't play around with different combinations for also those.

Last edited:

blondcb1

Sep 17, 2019
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with this feature? I've had it on since I've gotten the watch but every now and again my phone will still ring, but the ringer sound is glitching. It kind of cuts in and out a bit like it can't decide if it should ring or not. Lol.
My Galaxy Watch 5Pro and Galaxy s23 Ultra are starting to exhibit this behavior. Did you come up with a solution?

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
It shouldn't be necessary of course, but maybe "brute force" silencing the phone via an automation app would be worth trying. I don't have a way of testing it, but here's a macro I created in MacroDroid that might do the trick:
1710247240084.png
There's also a companion app that would need to be installed on the phone (documented in Macrodroid). If you prefer Tasker or Automate, I'm sure they could do something similar.