Gear 2 Apps in Samsung Apps

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
When my AT&T Galaxy S5 was paired in Gear Manager to a Gear 2 (non neo) on display at Best Buy, I could access the Samsung Apps store and see Watch Styler, Toggles, etc. When my phone is paired to my own Gear 2 Neo, and the same Samsung Apps store is accessed, those additional Apps are not present.

If those apps are purchased while connected to the Gear 2, and a backup created in Gear Manager, upon reconnecting my reset Neo and restoring from that backup, Watch Styler, toggles, and any other purchased app will remain on my phone and will work with the Gear 2 Neo. It seems to be a glitch/firmware on Neo issue that hopefully will have a fix soon.

Posted via Android Central App

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Sleep Genius to the point that I now look forward to falling asleep with it. Yesterday my Gear would not connect to the Note no matter what I tried (reboot, repair, delete connection etc) - I had to reset it. Now sleep genius is gone even though several other apps made it through the reset and restore and I tried to reinstall it. It took a hundred years sitting at "waiting" so I closed the app. Reopened and it says 'view in gear manager", but it's not there. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with another app. I went into my phone settings and cleared the cache.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't made the leap yet. I'm really on the fence still on buying the Gear 2, are you guys starting to see more apps show up for the gear 2 yet? I know at launch, there were approximately 20 apps, but it seems they are starting to trickle in.

I'm mostly worried about Samsung changing directions again and going to Android Wear leaving us Gear 2 owners hanging out to dry.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I haven't made the leap yet. I'm really on the fence still on buying the Gear 2, are you guys starting to see more apps show up for the gear 2 yet? I know at launch, there were approximately 20 apps, but it seems they are starting to trickle in.

I'm mostly worried about Samsung changing directions again and going to Android Wear leaving us Gear 2 owners hanging out to dry.

Trickling describes it perfectly. There's about 1-2 new apps a week, on average so far. Their functionality is debatable. Every time I see a blip about the moto 360, I question my purchase. The hardware is powerful enough, but the software seems to need some magic to make it more polished. Maybe some elegant animations or transition effects? Or, being able to tell your watch to remember where you parked and give you turn by turn walking directions...

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
There is a new Turn by Turn app under Utilities and Banjo under Social Networking

Just tested it in the car. (set location while stopped :)) Didn't notice a buzz or sound when turn was coming up, but definite long buzz when destination reached. Also, don't see an option to change from Meters to miles/feet.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Turn by turn is not showing anymore on my gear 2. I downloaded it this morning and did not see it tonight.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
No banjo for my Neo at all today. Turn by turn is still on my watch and phone...just not in store. Wouldn't it be awesome to wake up to a truly interactive google maps for gear 2, a bunch of fitness stuff that works, and elegant transitions from a watch screen to weather along with a badass firmware update? I think WE should be on the creative design team lol

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I think you have the 2 tae. I have the 2 neo. So weird. BUT there's lots more now! Whatta YOU show?

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
New apps in my particular Gear Manager (G2 paired with VZW Note 3):

Speedy Math game (Entertainment, Utilities), ABS Trainer (Fitness) Atooma (Lifestyle, Utilities), Phase Beam WF (Lifestyle, Clock), Calender Gear (Lifestyle, Utilities), AppLauncher (Lifestyle, Utilities) SOS Gear (Lifestyle, Utilities), Multi-Watch WF editor (Lifestyle, Clock), Big LCD for Gear 2 WF (Utilities, Clock).

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
New apps in my particular Gear Manager (G2 paired with VZW Note 3):

Speedy Math game (Entertainment, Utilities), ABS Trainer (Fitness) Atooma (Lifestyle, Utilities), Phase Beam WF (Lifestyle, Clock), Calender Gear (Lifestyle, Utilities), AppLauncher (Lifestyle, Utilities) SOS Gear (Lifestyle, Utilities), Multi-Watch WF editor (Lifestyle, Clock), Big LCD for Gear 2 WF (Utilities, Clock).

Thanks Jackson! Same compilation here, sans Banjo. Am I missing anything on that one?

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Jackson! Same compilation here, sans Banjo. Am I missing anything on that one?

It's crazy Banjo has been on the G2 for weeks, but not the Neo. It's there for me, but I don't think I have the need for it. Haven't explored it truthfully. Rated 2.5 stars and only reviewed by five users. Here's the description:
PicsPlay_1399614174089.jpg