Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
02-06-2015 11:02 AM
42 12
tools
    Just wanted to see if any gear 1 owners had switched to gear S and if so, what your thoughts are? I have the gear 1 and wondered if it would be worth it to go to the gear S. Thanks in advance for any input.
    01-12-2015 05:43 PM
    Big difference love it

Sent from my SM-N910V
    CehowardNote7 and rsmin like this.
    01-12-2015 05:49 PM
    Epic4grooted, thanks
    01-12-2015 06:22 PM
    I switched.

The original Gear is an amazing device and even though I purchased the Gear S I kept my original Gear.

However, the Gear S is worth the upgrade in my opinion. The screen is incredible, and the added functionality of a 3g connection means that I don't need to carry my phone with me when jogging.

I do wish the Gear S had a camera though. Many people thought the original Gear was silly to have a camera, but personally I used it quite a bit.

Both devices are good, but if you're able to swing it you will not be disappointed with the Gear S.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rsmin likes this.
    01-12-2015 06:41 PM
    DAS, Thanks for the info. Haven't seen the Gear S yet, does it seem a little large?
    01-12-2015 06:47 PM
    DAS, Thanks for the info. Haven't seen the Gear S yet, does it seem a little large?
    That would probably be matter of personal opinion or taste, but I don't find it large at all.

In fact, this week I have had to use my original Gear, and now it seems small. You get used to the size, or at least I did, and with the curved screen the size is actually useful.

01-12-2015 07:36 PM
    DAS, Thanks again.
    01-12-2015 07:45 PM
    DAS, Thanks again.
    Please check back in when you make your decision.

01-12-2015 07:52 PM
    I have both the gear 1 and S. Have you upgraded your gear 1 to tizen yet? If not, I suggest doing that. I fell in love with my gear 1 all over again. Now for the gear S, I am so happy I got this watch! It fits amazing and it just looks great. I wish I could wear both of them at the same time, lol.

Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Galaxy Tab 2
    Galaxy Gear S/ Gear 1 Tizen
    Galaxy Circle/ Gear Level speaker
    01-12-2015 09:38 PM
    Here is a pic of them on my wrist together......

Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Galaxy Tab 2
    Attached Thumbnails Any Gear 1 owners switch Gear S?-20141125_223527.jpg  
    CehowardNote7, KoukiFC3S and rsmin like this.
    01-12-2015 09:41 PM

Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Galaxy Tab 2
    I need to ask about how you are liking the level speakers?

Posted via Android Central App
    linzgeneral likes this.
    01-12-2015 11:21 PM
    Please check back in when you make your decision.

DAS, will do.
    01-13-2015 06:03 AM

Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Galaxy Tab 2
    Honda-Dave, Thanks for the info and the picture. I haven't converted the Gear 1 to tizen yet. Not sure I will. The only thing that frustrates me is that Samsung basically left us early adopters out in the cold as far as apps. Not so sure they won't do the same thing with Tizen. (But in all honesty I am not sure there are many apps that would be beneficial on the Gear!)
    01-13-2015 06:11 AM
    I switched and I love it sold my gear 1 because I can't really see myself going back to it.
    rsmin likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:06 AM
    I switched and I love it sold my gear 1 because I can't really see myself going back to it.
    Priceslss, thanks for replying. Glad you are enjoying the new watch.
    01-13-2015 02:46 PM
    Had a gear 1 and even bought my daughter one for this Christmas. Bought myself the Gear S and I will be selling my Gear 1 as I definitely won't be going back. Battery life is excellent even when I have the 3G settings on all the time.
    rsmin likes this.
    01-13-2015 03:43 PM
    Had a gear 1 and even bought my daughter one for this Christmas. Bought myself the Gear S and I will be selling my Gear 1 as I definitely won't be going back. Battery life is excellent even when I have the 3G settings on all the time.
    Mikeyking, Thanks for responding. So far everyone seems to be pleased with the decision to move on to the Gear S.
    01-13-2015 04:03 PM
    I think u should take the plunge Rsmin u won't regret it. I skipped the 2, the fit, and the android wear watches but I love this watch I wear it daily (didn't even do that with my gear 1) and feel naked when I don't have it on.
    rsmin likes this.
    01-13-2015 06:34 PM
    Had the 1 and 2 and now the S and never looked back love the Gear S

rsmin likes this.
    01-13-2015 10:43 PM
    Had the 1 and 2 and now the S and never looked back love the Gear S

Fkpalm, thanks for the response.
    01-14-2015 04:56 AM
    Have both the Gear 1 and the S. The S is a very large upgrade, definitely worth purchasing. As used with its own SIM card, it expands the functions of the watch were you can leave your phone at home and still have a fully functioning device. It is not too large, unless you are a tiny person with very small wrists. I get tons of compliments on its looks and screen quality and get tons of recognition when people realize that I am talking to them over my watch, answering their emails and messages on the watch, using both the keypad or voice. Great device, heads and shoulders above anything else on the market at this time and even over the Apple watch that has not even made it to the markets.
    kevinpleasants and rsmin like this.
    01-14-2015 09:37 AM
    Have both the Gear 1 and the S. The S is a very large upgrade, definitely worth purchasing. As used with its own SIM card, it expands the functions of the watch were you can leave your phone at home and still have a fully functioning device. It is not too large, unless you are a tiny person with very small wrists. I get tons of compliments on its looks and screen quality and get tons of recognition when people realize that I am talking to them over my watch, answering their emails and messages on the watch, using both the keypad or voice. Great device, heads and shoulders above anything else on the market at this time and even over the Apple watch that has not even made it to the markets.
    Agree with that post. in fact, the watch is more comfortable than the Gear 1 as it's curved and fits the wrist better. Added to that, it's actually the same size as the gear 1 given theirs no 'bezzel' around the outside.

Finally, did I read it correctly, the Apple iWatch doesn't have a keyboard so you can't use it to send texts / emails? Pah, one day they might catch up.
    rsmin likes this.
    01-14-2015 11:28 AM
    I had the gear 1 when it was first available and loved it. I was so upset when apps started going away, all the way to when there were like 10-15 left, nothing good. I upgraded it to tizen (which was the easiest thing in the world to do) and now there are tons of apps. I still got my gear S because I had my mind set on that watch and was going to have it when it came out. I don't use my gear 1 as much, but for some reason can't part with it. I have people at work asking me everyday to buy it, lol.
    rsmin likes this.
    01-14-2015 12:31 PM
    Axr6, Thanks for the information. I am not a small person so I should be good. Hope to look at one in person tomorrow. Thanks again.
    01-14-2015 02:28 PM
    Agree with that post. in fact, the watch is more comfortable than the Gear 1 as it's curved and fits the wrist better. Added to that, it's actually the same size as the gear 1 given theirs no 'bezzel' around the outside.

Finally, did I read it correctly, the Apple iWatch doesn't have a keyboard so you can't use it to send texts / emails? Pah, one day they might catch up.
    Mikeyking, this statement "Added to that, it's actually the same size as the gear 1 given theirs no 'bezzel' around the outside" really helped me get a good idea of the size. Thanks.
    01-14-2015 02:30 PM
42 12