sick of people asking me about my "iwatch" :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
everywhere i go people are like, "oh wow is that the new iwatch, man that's cool". people have been saying this since day 1 when there was no such thing yet as an iwatch. cracks me up.....aren't we all excited that apple has finally invented the smartwatch. well, about as excited as i was when they finally invented the 6in screen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha, now imagine how I felt when for months people asked me if mine was the iWatch...and I have the Moto360! Not even the same form factor! hahaha but oh well.

One guy even swore on his children that his boss had the 'iWatch' on the day it was announced... I just walked away and left haha

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Actual conversation with an iPhone owner:

Them: so yours is called the Gear S?
Me: yes.
Them: and it has been out for how long?
Me: almost 6 months.
Them: and it can function as a full phone with messaging in the absence of your phone?
Them: can the iWatch do that?
Me: no.
Them: we (Apple fans) are a bunch of blind idiots aren't we?
Together: laughter...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad it was him who brought it up :p

But as cool as the Gear S being a 'stand alone' watch, there's also the fact that it uses a separate SIM card, and for some carriers, that means an extra voice/data plan. And not all are 'cheap' even if it's for a watch. But yeah, it's cool that you don't actually need the phone to have those functions.

And also let's give Apple credit where credit is due: Their product integration is really good. iMessage will still be a selling point of this, and there are features the Apple Watch will be able to access that Android Wear (if it ever shows up with iOS support) won't, or any other 3rd party watch for that matter. And Android Wear is not even all that well integrated on Android itself yet.

There are goods and bads in both sides. iUsers only seem to think that Apple invents everything when in fact they haven't done that in a while. They IMPROVE on it and make it tight with their ecosystem, but not invent it...and nothing wrong with that. It's just not good enough for some of us :)

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Lol I've had all the talks above then I tell them...
Oh yeah it's also not called an iwatch it's an apple watch because Apple decided to change things up and no one is calling the watch by the correct name not even the loyal followers. LOL

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I get that all the time about my Gear S. I don't expect the masses to know its a Samsung Gear S. I show it to them and then explain that it can stand alone without a phone connected to it and they're dazzled.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a little similarity...

30035846,pd=2.jpg

20150421_105511[1].jpg

Big head little watch, little head big watch, I don't know probably just me.

lol

Ultraman666

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I love it when people ask me about it as I have the apple watch face on there and all i think its funny how many people have no clue about smart watches

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more. I was asked almost on a daily basis by people was that the new iwatch, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. I am surrounded by iPhones and ios people all day long at work so any chance I get to show them what the Gear S can do, it brings a smile to my face.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more. I was asked almost on a daily basis by people was that the new iwatch, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. I am surrounded by iPhones and ios people all day long at work so any chance I get to show them what the Gear S can do, it brings a smile to my face.
Tell them yes, make a remote call on it, do a browser session remotely, etc then when they get theirs that won't do that you'll truly have the last laugh.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost at the point of stop wearing it. It takes the luster out for me cause every ****, & Tom being dicks ask about my new Smartwatch. I just gotten to the point of just saying no.

Which pissed me off more because Apply did what they do best, advertise and promote.

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell them yes, make a remote call on it, do a browser session remotely, etc then when they get theirs that won't do that you'll truly have the last laugh.

But it's like mf* I BEEN wearing this for 6 months and you NOW noticing it. So damn annoying.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
But it's like mf* I BEEN wearing this for 6 months and you NOW noticing it. So damn annoying.

Until seeing they put out a release date I didn't know it wasn't already out because I didn't really care. Most are like that, oblivious, until Apple began to advertise and the professional reviewers went gaga , as usual, of "the wondrous new technology that Apple invented again". Even the pros are sheep at times. No biggie, just let them bask in their ignorance or, like I wrote above, show them what your "Apple watch" will do and laugh when theirs won't and they won't ask you how you got yours to do that out of fear they aren't as know it all as that attempted to be.
There's an old saying "those that think they know it all annoy the crap (other expletive) out of those that do".

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Decent video review. Only part I disagree with and don't get is how he says many think the sim card is overkill. I don't think so at all. I leave my phone in my car or at home a lot. If I go into the mall or shopping for lunch, etc., I don't need to have my phone with me. Riding bikes, working in the yard, etc. I don't need my main phone with me. In fact the main reason I bought the S is the sim card capability. I won't buy a non stand alone wearable. I really think that doing so is what's crazy.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Decent video review. Only part I disagree with and don't get is how he says many think the sim card is overkill. I don't think so at all. I leave my phone in my car or at home a lot. If I go into the mall or shopping for lunch, etc., I don't need to have my phone with me. Riding bikes, working in the yard, etc. I don't need my main phone with me. In fact the main reason I bought the S is the sim card capability. I won't buy a non stand alone wearable. I really think that doing so is what's crazy.
If the Apple watch had a SIM card onboard it wouldn't have been called overkill on the S.
It's just the way it is.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38