Pricing finally leaving me behind?

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Yeah if you can get a cheap sim only deal I think it's the cheapest way using the upgrade programme, but even if you don't upgrade next year it's still 0% APR so an easy way of paying if you don't want to pay outright.

Yeah no interest is always the best option.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, judging from my preorder experience this evening, lots of folks disagree. I went on the Verizon web site at 12:01 to preorder. I did the black 256 gig version, and trading in my Note 10+. Said it would run me about $30 a month. Big deal. I submit the order, and it tells me the phone is sold out! I was there right on time and finished up within like 5 minutes, and it was sold out.

Ended up having to do the black 500 gig version, which was still in stock. It's a bit more, but I figure the extra resolution of this camera and video camera should take up additional file storage, but also with that much space I'll probably stop saving videos and pictures to the SD slot, and things will be that much faster.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
IDK why most don't get that phones use to be subsidized. Yes they've gotten more expensive, but the high end ones were never really cheap. Everyone wanted to move away from contact and as a result you now see the phone prices without subsidy. For me since I upgrade a lot I spend about the same as I use to with 1 year contracts (slightly more now with phone price increase).
Note 2 retail was nearly $800, the $299 was contract. I can't speak for all carriers but Verizon dropped the cost of service by $20/line when they did away with contracts. 2 year contract that's $480 that your paying monthly from the contract to save on the phone up front.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Must be something with the site because all models are in stock as of now on the Verizon site.
Well, judging from my preorder experience this evening, lots of folks disagree. I went on the Verizon web site at 12:01 to preorder. I did the black 256 gig version, and trading in my Note 10+. Said it would run me about $30 a month. Big deal. I submit the order, and it tells me the phone is sold out! I was there right on time and finished up within like 5 minutes, and it was sold out.

Ended up having to do the black 500 gig version, which was still in stock. It's a bit more, but I figure the extra resolution of this camera and video camera should take up additional file storage, but also with that much space I'll probably stop saving videos and pictures to the SD slot, and things will be that much faster.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For me since I upgrade a lot I spend about the same as I use[d] to with 1 year contracts
It's similar for me. I've been upgrading to the new Note/+/Ultra each year. A few years ago, with an AT&T contract, I paid $113/month for service and phone installments combined. Now, with T-Mobile, I pay $30/month for service (unlimited-everything), and the current phone upgrade is $650 after trade-in, which would average $54/month if spread out over a year--so that's a total of $84/month, which is $30/month less than I used to pay. (Also I got $200 in Samsung credit when I upgraded, which sort of reduces the effective monthly cost by an additional $15 or so.)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing now that if I want 512gb I have to buy from Samsung directly at 1449 Euro and they're only offering 400 quid trade-in, only 256gb available through my carrier and it will be 699 Euro so I'll have to make do with 256gb which is fine..... kinda.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Ah, memories of my Verizon-ordering days. I had an order evaporate into thin air ten days after the fact when ordering the Note9. Verizon, perhaps not only them, seems to operate like the airlines overbooking a flight.