Samsung Moment battery life

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
After using the phobe for a few days with pretty much everything turned off (BT, WIFI, and GPS) I can only get about 4 to 5 hours of battery life. This is basically just on standby with the moment. This morning I ony got 4 hours and I'm on my 3rd charge now.

What are other users experiencing for battery life on the Moment? I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep this device with this type of performance especially when I'm really not even using it.

vincarrillo

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
This will be pretty much the same for any newer phone, especially one with a 800mhz processor and always on GPS and all the other data features.

I usually get through a full day with several calls, text messages, checking email, surfing, and the other typical phone stuff.

Your situation does seem a bit extreme though - you should probably check how many programs are running in the background and turn off whatever you don't need.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. This morning I took the phone off the charger and reset it to make sure nothing was running. The only thing I did was wake the phone a few times to check the battery and it still went down that quick.

Also the phone jumps from 100% down to 80% very fast without using it.

486sx33

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
sounds like a bad battery wouldn't hurt to take it into sprint store and see if they will exchange battery only for you to try... make sure it's a 1440! and maybe charger issue too

prot0type

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
IIJBII, sorry to hear the battery may be an issue. I was looking around and found this thread on the Sprint forums, you may not be the only one experiencing this issue Battery life on moment

I've been searching around more and apparently people are getting better luck by keeping the phone on till the battery is fully depleted, charge it back up to 100%, rinse and repeat 2-3 more cycles to calibrate the battery. Additionally, the battery meter is definitely inaccurate.

Last edited:

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
IIJBII, sorry to hear the battery may be an issue. I was looking around and found this thread on the Sprint forums, you may not be the only one experiencing this issue Battery life on moment

I've been searching around more and apparently people are getting better luck by keeping the phone on till the battery is fully depleted, charge it back up to 100%, rinse and repeat 2-3 more cycles to calibrate the battery. Additionally, the battery meter is definitely inaccurate.

prot0type - First; thank you for all your great post! You always take the time to give great post to help users. I truly appreciate it.

I'm going to do some more "testing" with the device battery then if its still performing like this I'll go to a Sprint store. I'm thinking its a bad battery as I drained it completely last night, turned it off and charged it until it said "Battery Full". When I powered the device on it dropped to 80% within 10 minutes. This leads me to believe the battery is the issue. I keep thinking if this is normal it make the Pre's battery look amazing!

petrafan007

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I can attest to having the same problem. It jumps from 100% to 80% and then after about a minute, 70%. This was 2 hours ago. It is still at 70%.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is why they call it the Moment.... it only last for a Moment or two... sorry, I had to insert some humor here.

ebbtide

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, i'm noticing the same thing. I thought it was because my office is a 'roaming' area the the phone seems to jump in and out frequently (at least, that's what drained my winmo phone before this).. I'll check out those posts. thanks!

Tripndrag

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My phone lasts easily all day. Yesterday I unplugged from power after a night of charge about 8am, I connected with my H500 motorola bt, I have the weather channel running, flip style clock and flip style date for widgets. I called and setup my voicemail, I called it about 4 times and left voice messages, talked to my father for a couple minutes on it, went shopping for a couple hours, downloaded 5 or 6 apps while sitting with my daughter, let my daughter play tic tac toe, noticed that the wireless couldn't get signal so I forgot to turn it off and it had been on from when I unplugged it till about 3pm, daugter played puzzles for a 1/2 hour in a store, watch sprint tv for about 15 minutes, listened to visual voicemail totally awesome never had it before, made a call to my wife to find out where she was, went to dinner and played the games for about 5 minutes before dinner came, drove back home another hour, started to transfer all my memo pad docs and password keeper docs from my BB for a good hour and a 1/2, checking email when it came in and texting once and a while. About 10pm the 25% battery indication came up so I plugged it in.

I am very happy with the batter life so far. The tv and netflix drain it fast but games, email and stuff don't seem to bad on it.

ebbtide

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I left mine off the charger all day yesterday. Took it off at 7am. By 8am, the battery showed 80%. By 10 it was down to 50%. I had battery warnings around 4. This was all with heavy use. I didn't charge it until I went to bed at 11:30pm, and the phone never died on me, so I imagine the problem isn't with the battery but with the reporting of the battery level. I do hope there's a fix soon.

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The battery indicator is obviously way off. I have been running youtube for at least a hour with 15% battery left being reported. I am going to run it all the way down and charge.

Daisykac

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello! Vincarrilo are you saying to let the phone die, charge, and then rinse battery in the morning and repeat those steps the next day? I'm just trying to understand and I would appreciate the help because my phone is dying too quickly! :( Other than that I simply love the phone!!! Thank u for ur help in advance.

-DKac

ozshadow#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My wife can talk for 2 hours+ bluetooth during the day, send several text messages, browse the web a good bit.

She just plugs it back in at bedtime. No problems. Wifi is off and the weather widget it set to a fixed location. Everything else is stock.

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I've not had a problem with battery life. I even think its a bit better than the Hero's battery life. I've had it for 2 days now and it easily lasts from 8am to 8pm with at least 20% remaining. I have my google account set up to sync, probably only an hour talking, 10-20 texts, and 2-3 hours of active data connection from web browsing and searching the market place. I don't play games and haven't used the gps at all, yet.

Daisykac

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... interesting dannzeman. Well I did do what Vincarrillo suggested and I notice that the battery life is actually a little better. Maybe after I do what he suggested again this evening it will be a lot better.

@ozshadow: I've also turned my weather widget off and I don't think my Wifi widget is on. Still trying out how to use this thing tho of course.

Thanks for the input to all! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo