Samsung Pay is not working at Lowes

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it at my Lowe's here in Colorado and it didn't work for me either. I've used it here several times before and was surprised when it showed "bad card read". I tried both debit and credit with no success.
I've not had success from the beginning. Those of you who have had some luck please post pictures of the terminals.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
My Lowes uses the Verifone MX terminal. It worked for the first time at self checkout then the last time I was there, SS Pay locked up their checkout terminal.
Since then I've tried several stores including Walmart with the same Verifone terminals without any issues.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
From the other thread. Not mine but reposted. This DOES work!

This is with regards to your concern about samsung pay with reference number spay************. We've already received the feedback from our level 2 support regarding your issue in making a payment using samsung pay in lowes home improvement. Based on our escalation department " lowes will currently only work when the customer uses the retry option on the app. This is a technical issue with the way lowes processing card payments and is not an issue with samsung pay. Lowes technical teams are aware of this.

When the customer is at lowes, they can successfully make a purchase by starting the purchase process on the phone and waiting until the payment times out (60 seconds). Then, they can touch the retry button on the phone and send the payment to the card reader."

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Well it kind of works! The only place I can get it to work at my Lowe's is the outside registers in lawn and garden. Both registers work perfectly. I still can't get it to work inside. Looks like I will be checking out outside! Don't know what I will do in the wintertime. These registers are semi portable and maybe havent been updated?

Last edited:

Susan F1

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Just had 2 card read errors. The first one I used as a debit and entered my pin and then it said card read error. I thought I had it when I out my pin in. The second try I used it as creditch and got the same error. The cashier was familiar with SP and doesn't know why it doesn't work.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just had 2 card read errors. The first one I used as a debit and entered my pin and then it said card read error. I thought I had it when I out my pin in. The second try I used it as creditch and got the same error. The cashier was familiar with SP and doesn't know why it doesn't work.
As stated above I have only gotten it to work at the outside lawn and garden register. Never inside the store. I'd like others to try and see if they can do the same.

salwansk

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got it to work finally...first, I've been having problems to get it to work at walmart, lowes and other places using chip readers. So i went to the self checkout to avoid embarrassment from ignorant cashier and customers. First I chose credit card as my method payment from the self checkout cashier's screen. Then I hold my phone next to terminal "where you slide your credit card". First time failed and gave me Error card reading, then I hit ok on the cashier machine screen, and tried again with hitting retry button on my Samsung screenot. Voila worked perfectly.
So what I found out is, all the stories that do chip credit card, you have to do the same method to get it to work...
Btw at the two times I held my phone next to the terminal for about 8sec "until the terminal peeps". If you remove the phone fast, it won't go thru....
Good luck guys. And if the cashier says "oh that's apple pay" scream in their faces and tell them NO, IT'S SAMSUNG PAY MF lhfh

BadRobot

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The problem with these "fixes" is that it's quicker to simply take your physical credit card out of your pocket. And if someone is in line behind you, you really feel like a jerk trying to get it to work.

Have any of you noticed a difference between having NFC turned on or off?

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tip above, worked for me at Lowe's! Waited for initial time to run out while cashier was scanning items then clicked retry and held phone to reader as usual and worked fine.

Walmart I also noticed I always have to hit ok after the error on first read then it works on second read. Will have to try using the retry thing there next time too.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Lowes and Dicks sporting goods have something with their terminals. I can't get samsung pay to work at either store

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Lowes and Dicks sporting goods have something with their terminals. I can't get samsung pay to work at either store
Never tried at dicks. Lowes never worked in the store. Tried it at the mobile terminals in lawn and garden outside, and presto! Works like a charm! Have no idea the difference between the two terminals but I don't think it's an issue on Samsung pay. I have a new gear s3 and will try it sometime. It seems to work better and faster. We will see.

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Ceoj, 20biks,
Just curious did you guys try the work around where you don't touch your phone to the terminal at all until the time runs out after you finger print, then click "retry" in Samsung Pay and only then try holding it to the terminal?

Scott pointed that tip out in an earlier post and this has worked for me several times (using Note 7). I'm not sure, but I think if you try on the first go at all it seems to confuse it somehow and then it doesn't work even in retry (just guessing from my few experiences). Only worked if I only use it after time runs out and click retry then hold it there until transaction complete.

Last edited:

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I also wonder if Samsung varies the hardware and software with each device/update. My s6 was the first to have the hardware. It did just OK. My note 5 got better. My gear s3 is great (so far).

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I too was unable to get SP to work at Dicks yesterday. Cashier was great, let me try it three times, no luck.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just tried at Lowes last night. No good. Beeps like it's going to go through, then "Card Read Error". I was at the self-checkout. Glad I brought my wallet so I could pay. Guess we aren't quite to the point of not carrying a backup.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried at Lowes yesterday and it just said waiting for cashier. She said we don't do that here and canceled it out. I'll have to try again with someone who will give it a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099