OEM / Device Subforums: Are those keywords automatically "assumed" by the BB software?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Let's say I have a question about my Samsung device, so I head over to the Samsung subforum and then drill down to the sub-subforum for my particular device.

Everything in that sub-subforum is about this same phone that I have, or it's supposed to be, so it seems redundant to refer to it by name. But if I omit the name, and just refer to it as "this phone" or "this model", will my thread be picked up by anyone who does a search for all threads about this phone? Similarly for the OEM subforum. Without my mentioning Samsung by name, will search results based on that OEM include my thread?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's always a good idea to include the device name in the title of your thread... regardless of where you're posting. Clear, concise titles that give our members a good idea of what the thread is about before clicking in is GOOD.

This helps in terms of getting answers and feedback for the original poster... plus, it'll help with search results when members are searching for similar stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress