I've got the Xperia Z1. You've got questions. Let's do this.

btort1

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok I used the Sony Xperia Transfer service and came from an iphone, worked fine. Have about 7gb of photo's and videos and everything was where I wanted it to be.

But the problem is when I bought a micro sd card, installed it. It won't let me transfer the album (photos/videos) to the SD card even though there is enough space. When I got to settings>>>storage>>> pictures and videos is only 42mb but when I go to misc>>>xperia transfer is about 6-7gb

How do I transfer these to the sd card?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok I used the Sony Xperia Transfer service and came from an iphone, worked fine. Have about 7gb of photo's and videos and everything was where I wanted it to be.

But the problem is when I bought a micro sd card, installed it. It won't let me transfer the album (photos/videos) to the SD card even though there is enough space. When I got to settings>>>storage>>> pictures and videos is only 42mb but when I go to misc>>>xperia transfer is about 6-7gb

How do I transfer these to the sd card?

For this I'd recommend using a file manager. Es file explorer is a good one:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=LMK4i1ve

To use it: find all the files you wish to transfer to sd card, cut/copy and past them on the sd card.

To find the file location go into one image that you wish to move > more > details (this is how I do it on my HTC EVO 3D but I assume it will be similar to your device)

Note: chances are, all the images you wish to move are in the same file location.

Let me know if your struggling.

Using Windows since 1998

btort1

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Got it thanks!

So the Z1 is rumoured for T Mobile and there's still no news about AT&T, so I'm guessing 3g will only work on an unlocked international version right? Assuming you have AT&T

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Got it thanks!

So the Z1 is rumoured for T Mobile and there's still no news about AT&T, so I'm guessing 3g will only work on an unlocked international version right? Assuming you have AT&T

Actually I'm with Virgin mobile. I cant answer your question as I have never seen a locked phone in my life...the concept of a locked phone does not exist in south africa. But you can always get unlock codes that do the trick for unlocking your phone and they ain't expensive. Sorry that was what you were asking right ?

Using Windows since 1998

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The Z barely last me the whole day, how many more hours will the z1 have over the z before it dies?

Well the battery on the Z1 is a lot bigger, from a 2330mAh in the Z to a 3000mAh in the Z1 (22.3% bigger)

Using Windows since 1998

Last edited:

Dave Anthony

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I have a sony xperia z1 that keeps beeping at me, I think it relates to switching between networks, but I can't figure out how to turn the beeping off. Thx!

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry about RAM usage :)
A process not running, just remaining in RAM doesn't use processor power, that's why it doesn't consumed battery.
Android tries to hold processes in RAM, as many as possible, in case their apps are started again. That's saving processor power and therefore battery power.
Android's efficient process management will automatically close unused processes when it needs to in order to optimize RAM usage.
"Not used RAM is useless RAM".

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I have a sony xperia z1 that keeps beeping at me, I think it relates to switching between networks, but I can't figure out how to turn the beeping off. Thx!

Put it on silent or go settings > mobile network > un-tick data roaming sound.

Or to stop it from switching networks go: settings > mobile network > network mode > change it to 3G if you are using 4G and it you are using 3G change it to edge. This will give you better network coverage.

Rano RanGels

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
when I put the phone in charge, there is a kind of video promoting the Xperia Z1 that apear, and when I leave and I come back to main home, i find the original sitting, all the widget or the application that i add are removed, each time is same thing, i am serching for solution

momo1616

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi on the z1 there is the google bar on the home screen and chrome in the menu apps..which is best to use?
and how do u delete browsing history?
many thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87