Still a worthy buy?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got the chance to go back to this device as in all fairness I've done with my galaxy s6. Had enough.

Prefer the size of this device only thing worrying me is whether it's still smooth and zippy considering it's now been out a while?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
16GB of storage, 2GB of RAM, 2.5GHz Krait CPU, SD card slot - a lot of people would still drool over that phone. They're going for $270-$300 - not a bad price for a phone like that. Look on Swappa.

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry forgot to ask at the beginning what's the audio quality like? I've had the 5s currently and the sound quality for listening to me music isn't great.

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active in November, other than it being drop resistant, I prefer my Sony Z3C. The Z3C specs are still good and I like the UI and the size better.

I don't listen to music on it, but it sounds good to me for listening to NPR.

allemania

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Z3C since April of last year and it still flies. Couldn't be happier. Battery life if great and pocketabilty is wonderful. Haven't used an S6 (I'm sure it's a great device) but I haven't found myself feeling that the Z3C lags in any way. I would definitely recommend. As far as sound quality, I use both the stock Music app and Spotify. Sony's equalizer and other sound enhancement options are integrated into the Spotify app so you can tweak the sound to your taste. Overall I have been really pleased while using in the aux input in my car or with a relatively inexpensive set of earbuds.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Z3C since April of last year and it still flies. Couldn't be happier. Battery life if great and pocketabilty is wonderful. Haven't used an S6 (I'm sure it's a great device) but I haven't found myself feeling that the Z3C lags in any way. I would definitely recommend. As far as sound quality, I use both the stock Music app and Spotify. Sony's equalizer and other sound enhancement options are integrated into the Spotify app so you can tweak the sound to your taste. Overall I have been really pleased while using in the aux input in my car or with a relatively inexpensive set of earbuds.

You are spot on, had mine for almost a year now and not one issue. Best value for money, pocket ability is brilliant and does almost all what the expensive stuff does except finger print.
I am very satisfied with this product

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for over a year. I also have an S6 edge. I prefer the z3c but the finger print sensor forces me to use the edge as my daily driver due to work email security. But the z3c is actually faster than my edge even though it's not as powerful from a processor perspective.

Posted via the Android Central App

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad to read about the good things about this device, even now. I am considering one myself. It's really between the Z3c and the Nexus 5x for me. Both seem like a solid experience. The Z5c is way more than I am comfortable paying for when it comes to a phone.

ScottMcScott

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
A month on, so I'm a lot late to the party... I loved this phone!!! However, I had the screen break, and rear glass shatter twice, despite it being in a case and well looked after. It wasn't dropped, so my only conclusion is my *** got bigger and the material was super delicate. This put me off personally, and I opted for the Motorola X (2nd gen) as a replacement which has been awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non