Got my Xperia Z3!

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Seriously considering returning my iPhone 6 to Tmobile before my 14 days are up.

Aways been a Android guy but decided to finally give the iPhone a shot and I have to say its been relatively bug free.

decisions decisions...the last Xperia (z1s) phone I had suffered from touch issues

Get the Xperia Z3. I have it. Greatest android phone to date. Coming from a person who has had the S4, Moto X, and Nexus 5 lol. Let me give you some pros and cons:

Pros: -Elegant UI, sleek & fast.
-The waterproof feature is actually no bullsh*t. I drenched my phone in water all day, even took it to the shower with me (no i didnt take selfies..), and it worked just fine. Waterproof is a huge plus.
-The 20MP G lens camera takes stunning photos and videos
-I say you can compare the sound to the HTC One M8. Really loud and clear with those front speakers.
-PS4 remote play. It's not out yet, but it's going to be useful for me since I have a PS4.

Cons:
- Slower updates. While sony has improved on this, it's just going to make me cry coming from a moto x and nexus 5, where the updates on those phones were quick!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
You forgot the battery life; it's amazing on this thing. I've never seen another phone get anywhere near this amount of screen on time. It's crazy good.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone who has the Z3 or Z3C use Google voice? I'm interested in knowing what the main dialer shows when an outgoing call is placed. My Z1C shows the GV generated number and not the number I dialed. This makes finding a placed call number impossible. The hangouts dialer fixes this issue but it has been a subpar experience so far on both my M7 and Z1C. Slow to answer, poor connection, dropped calls, etc.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile. I did the same thing with mine man.. Got the D6653 on accident thinking it supported LTE. Was in a rush lol. So I am returning it back, and getting the D6603.

Lol I now did the same thing and ordered a dual-sim version, figured if its the same price, why not get LTE

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does the Mobile Hotspot (tether) works with AT&T/T-Mobile, or do I need to buy the t-mobile version for that? Just want to be sure that the only thing missing if I buy one of these Dual SIM will be the wifi calling.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Does the Mobile Hotspot (tether) works with AT&T/T-Mobile, or do I need to buy the t-mobile version for that? Just want to be sure that the only thing missing if I buy one of these Dual SIM will be the wifi calling.
I see the option here and I'm on AT&T so I would assume it will work

0b75e57f6e5adaf23fb2c84845961c48.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Here is screenshots of the firmware available for D6603 and D6633. :)

Attachments

• XperiFirm.jpg
    XperiFirm.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 64
  • XperiFirm2.jpg
    XperiFirm2.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 63
  • XperiFirm3.jpg
    XperiFirm3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 63
  • XperiFirm4.jpg
    XperiFirm4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 149

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I hope so, but the truth is that even with the option when you try to turn it on it simply won't work, as it looks for the carrier's proprietary app. It happened to me when trying to use an unlocked AT&T S4 with T-mobile, when I call them they just told me that the Mobile Hotspot works only when using their own version.

So that's what worries me, I know wifi calling will be non existant on other versions, but want to be sure about the hotspot as I use it frequently.

Can you or anybody else that has the phone already try it to see if it works? And if there is somebody using it with T-Mobile will be even better.

Thanks.
I see the option here and I'm on AT&T so I would assume it will work

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/01/0b75e57f6e5adaf23fb2c84845961c48.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd drop in and show some folks what the Z3 battery is capable of. This is day 2 for me and all on wifi. This was not easy to do, I've had to force myself to over use my phone to accomplish this.

Location = high Accuracy
Google Now = on
Wi-Fi = whole time
Screen= 25-35% brightness
Stamina mode= on (built in Greenify basically)
Android Wear = connected entire time

Usage patterns

Hangouts = heavy heavy
Social Media = heavy
Camera = light
Video = light
Web browsing= moderate
Phone calls = 30 min

This phone is beyond a beast. I let it Idle over night for 6.5hrs and lost 2 percent which I attribute to Android Wear. I probably could of gotten closer to 10hrs if I didn't idle over night.

Posted via the Android Central App

Out of curiosity, I noticed your UI lines are colored red...how did you get yours red? Mine are blue
Did u change the theme?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Smooth, what about the non removable battery? How big is it in the hand compared to the S5?
Enjoy.
Thx

Posted via Android Central App

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
May be a dumb question. What is this firmware for? :p

For flashing your phone. You can change to a different country's customization if you don't prefer the customization which is stock on the phone to begin with.

I did that with my Z2, which had HK since my phone is the HK one, then I flashed it to be US.