what is wrong with my phone?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I got my epic just over a week ago.

Today the phone will not stop resetting. about ever 20 seconds or so it will reset to the lock screen it will start scanning the external disk and then it will reset and start over again... I don't know whats wrong.

I tried taking out the SD card in the back but no dice... do I need to do a hard reset or something... if so how do I do that?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset should definitely do that. You remind me the days of jb'ing my iphone and all the infinite reboots it brought with it. Bad times...baaad times ;-)

Yeah, just factory reset. Should be the equivalent of a dfu mode custom restore for the iPhone.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Epic 4g

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
from the days of 'the Pre' ... I would try a battery pull

Agreed!

When the system is boot looping repeatedly, you need to pull the battery, count to 10 and put it back in. You have to cut all power to stop the system from rebooting then freezing up.

Then possibly try factory resetting!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Agreed!

When the system is boot looping repeatedly, you need to pull the battery, count to 10 and put it back in. You have to cut all power to stop the system from rebooting then freezing up.

Then possibly try factory resetting!

...or try the "from the days of the iPhone" method :D

Either way, both these options should do the trick. If not, it somehow bricked itself, but I've never seen this happen except for the EVO incident of July '10. What a scary day that was...:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress