LED in Froyo EB13

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
has anyone noticed how the LEDS are acting, now my notification LED flashes blue instead of red for text and emails, i've got handcent and k9 but i havent changed the led settings as they never did anything in 2.1 so now all of a sudden blue... anyone else noticed this?

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i'm stock too, but yes, when i get a text, it goes blue...strange. the led's never really worked right anyway, so whatever...

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
LED in Froyo

So, with the new updates, any other visual color notification besides Red? Handcent still blinks red.

swanny1981

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What's new to me is that the LED blinks blue when I have an email, and blinks red when I have a text message. I can't find anywhere to adjust the settings though.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just did a test and found that if I receive a Google Voice text it will flash blue and flash intermittently until I acknowledge it. This was the same behaviour I experienced on the Truly Epic ROM but not on 2.1 stock. Maybe Froyo has that built in and anything that is not stock flashes blue and red for all else.

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you run the dialer code *#0*# and select the LED button, you will see that only the blue, red, and magenta colors work for the LED, with magenta just being the other two both on at the same time. I believe it's up to app developers to figure out how to correctly utilize a phone's built-in LED colors, and most just provide the option of "on" or "off" and use the phone's default color. I'm just guessing here, though, so don't take my word for it.

If you've never heard of the dialer codes, you can search online for more, but be careful because some of them will go as far as to factory reset the phone.

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so after a little playing around, it turns out you CAN customize what color the LED flashes, as long as it is either red or blue, was able to do it with handcent and on k9 alternated hotmail, yahoo and gmail

zworld

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Red, blue, green, yellow...

I'm color blind--I have no idea what color the LED meant before or after EB13.

I am, however, having trouble getting all of my email accounts to sync and pull mail; and, the battery life is about 20% less than it was before the update.

I'm not sure how to fix the email issue, but I thought Froyo was supposed to help with battery life?

tgaskill

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised to see the blue LED for SMS and red for e-mail. I tried setting it up that way on 2.1 with no success. I've also noticed there is a low battery alert (I believe at 15% remaining) that wasn't present in 2.1.
*EDIT*
As my battery continues to dwindle, I've found that it beeps twice at 5% remaining. A great feature, in my opinion. I was using a third-party app to remind me of a low battery. I do think it would be nice to customize the alerts, expecially for those who wish to disable them. I've yet to find a way to do that.

Last edited:

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed I get a fast flashing blue LED when listening to music with the screen off. I figure that is their way of letting you have a little dance club with you no matter where you are.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm color blind--I have no idea what color the LED meant before or after EB13.

I am, however, having trouble getting all of my email accounts to sync and pull mail; and, the battery life is about 20% less than it was before the update.

I'm not sure how to fix the email issue, but I thought Froyo was supposed to help with battery life?

It's probably draining fast because it keeps trying to sync accounts. Mine has been having trouble authenticating my gmail account to my phone. Its been in process for a whole 5 minutes. I know right off the bat, when the phone does that....there's more drain than normal.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Since DK28 I have had red for texts/vmails and blue for everything else... Which I actually like (how my bb was).. I have no clue what the color would change to on EB13 as it is currently in paper-weight mode. I am hoping it stays the same...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38