Manual EB13 install - benefit to wiping?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if there's any benefit to doing a factory restore following a manual EB13 update... Would that perhaps resolve some bothersome little performance issues? Or is it a waste of time?

Enquiring minds want to know... Thanks!

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a force process closed error after the manual update. I did a factory reset and restored all my apps. Since then the only thing I have noticed is the decrease in battery life, but no more force closed errors.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, yeah, probably worth doing. Do I need to wipe the SD card? Or just leave it as-is? Seems like there's a bunch of application-specific stuff left over there...

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd delete all folders that aren't filled with stuff you put on there...ie don't wipe it and lose your music, photos, videos, apk backups, etc.

Deleting all the other clutter wouldn't hurt. The necessary folders and contents will be recreated when they're needed.

I also Odined my phone back to 2.1 factory out of necessity before updating with the zip. I don't know if it helps performance any, but it's nice to know that it's clean.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm also contemplating whether I should do just an upgrade and keep my finely tuned specs on my phone or just do a full clean install/wipe. I'm on DI18 and NOT rooted. My phone from time to time was acting buggy but I think it may of been from not having my SD card reformatted since purchase. I'm constantly putting 720p movies that are GB's big in and out so that may of been the problem. I'm thinking just upgrading.....for now....lol!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not wiping is a small gamble - you may have random problems/force closes. Anytime I flash a new OS or ROM, I always wipe.