How many people are on the waiting list ahead of you?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Only corporate Sprint stores can add you to their wating list for September 16th.

How many people are ahead of you?

I am number 4 at my store.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The clerk at the counter when i went didn't even know they were doing it so i think im #1 ... They would call me to confirm pickup. I just hope it comes early so i can have it before the 16th

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
The clerk at the counter when i went didn't even know they were doing it so i think im #1 ... They would call me to confirm pickup. I just hope it comes early so i can have it before the 16th

Same deal with me...it all felt academic at some point. I asked how many people are ahead of me and the salesman said..."you're number 1". I had to clue them in on the whole $50 process, he had to go in the back to find a gift card. And people wonder why I hate going to a cell phone stores given how much I know about cell phones.

And yes...this was a corporate store.

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Same deal with me...it all felt academic at some point. I asked how many people are ahead of me and the salesman said..."you're number 1". I had to clue them in on the whole $50 process, he had to go in the back to find a gift card. And people wonder why I hate going to a cell phone stores given how much I know about cell phones.

And yes...this was a corporate store.

I had basically the same experience, granted I stopped by the store less than an hour after the phone was announced. The salesman had to confirm they were taking preorders and then created the list. I then asked about the $50 gift card purchase. They said "we don't even have those" so don't worry about it, you're on the list so it doesn't matter. LOL

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Same thing here. Guy had to dig around in his computer to see if they were allowed to take preorders. I was a little bummed that I had to get two gift cards to get two phones though. Looks like I'll be getting two car docks and an hdmi adapter, maybe a case too.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
didn't pre-order yet, I am pretty sure we will be able to order this online on September 13th and get it on Septmeber 14th. so thats what I'm planning to do.

They did this with both Evo 3d and Photon.

dat

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I did a preorder today at a Sprint store. The clerk had to ask his manager to see if they were taking preorders. He didn't know if there was an existing list, so he gave me a fresh sheet a of paper to put my name and number down on. Also did the whole $50 gift certificate thing. The guy thinks I'm probably the 2nd person to preorder, so I'll certainly get a phone when they're released.

Edit: I forgot to ask about what accessories they'd throw in for me. I assume a car charger is typically given for free. An HDMI cable would be nice to have. I'm going to email the clerk I talked to and ask.

Last edited:

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My brother and sister in law were with me when I reserved mine. We were the first three. Wasn't a corp. Store. Said they will prob get it in early and call us as soon as they get them. Can't wait. S close but so far away.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

aaron130

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I went Wednesday morning and NOONE in the store knew anything!! I was like my god Sprint needs to hire new people! Anywayas he did some digging and I purchased the gift card but I didnt feel comfortable, so I called yesterday and got lucky cuz the manager answered, he checked and I am numero uno on the list. CAN NOT WAIT to get this beast!!

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see a Sprint corporate store give anything away for free when buying a new phone from them. They bundle stuff to buy but that's it in my experience.

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Im not gonna bother... with all the folks locked in with 3D and photon contracts im not really worried about not gettin one.

Exactly. I'll wait for Sprint premier early availability, and if there isn't one I'll get it online on release day. If they are sold out, no big deal, not the end of the world.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I'll wait for Sprint premier early availability, and if there isn't one I'll get it online on release day. If they are sold out, no big deal, not the end of the world.

I understand what your saying , but for us few that were waiting to get this it is a big deal. being first means if they will call you first to set up your appointment. so if they open at 8am here on the east cost and have 3 sales people working that morning you will walk out the store first with it. I can then set it up post from it and take some pics to show off the camera with it b4 anyone on the west coast wakes up. :)
I am a Epic owner and as all EVO owners were waiting and excited for the 3D I feel the same for (taking in a deep breath) My Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch ... I hope you get yours and enjoy it. I am hoping for it to be released early also cause waiting is so freaking causing me sleepless nights just thinking about it... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez