ICS How To:

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
After being skipped over in the original ICS OTA update (happily I might add), I received the update last night. I have been very pleased with everything so far, but there are definitely some big changes from GB that I can't figure out and need help with (please). Some of these have already been discussed, but I can't pinpoint where they are now with so many ICS threads.

By the way, I have an unrooted phone, would love to not have to do a factory reset to fix things listed below, and am using "Launcher" and not "TW Launcher".
  1. On the home screens, how do I add a screen?
  2. On the home screen, how do I scroll "all the way around" without it sort of hitting a wall and forcing me to push the "home" button?
  3. Regular "email" shortcut used to show how many messages were in the "inbox" but no longer does (same with "social hub").
  4. Every now and then when I go into an app, the keyboard icon shows up in the notifications section. It doesn't mess anything up, but is there a way to fix that?

I'm not complaining about the above items, but would just like to know if there's a way to change them. Thanks in advance for all your help!

P.S. - Battery life has been about the same as GB for me, bluetooth is hooking up fine with my car stereo, and wifi seems to be working.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can add a home screen or scroll all the way around with the stock ICS launcher (aka "Launcher"). It's actually pretty bare-bones, but nice in a "minimalist" sort of way. You can go back to the Samsung launcher ("TWLauncher") or there's several other options in the Android Marketplace.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Nova launcher is good and I believe you can do almost all of that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I have an unrooted phone, would love to not have to do a factory reset to fix things listed below, and am using "Launcher" and not "TW Launcher".
  1. On the home screens, how do I add a screen? You Can't
  2. On the home screen, how do I scroll "all the way around" without it sort of hitting a wall and forcing me to push the "home" button? You Can't
  3. Regular "email" shortcut used to show how many messages were in the "inbox" but no longer does (same with "social hub"). No Option w/ This Launcher
  4. Every now and then when I go into an app, the keyboard icon shows up in the notifications section. It doesn't mess anything up, but is there a way to fix that? This is so you have a way to quick change your keyboard. It won't go away.
If you want to use the features you are asking about, then you need to either use the TWLauncher, or DL a different one from the Play Store. There are some good suggestions for launchers in this thread already. :)

Reactions: coachdvc