Issues with connecting phone to mac after ics update

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I do not have this phone but a friend of mine does. She is having issues with her mac reading the phone to transfer pictures after doing the ICS update. Also having issues with swype not working on the phone since the update. Does anyone know how to fix these issues?

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Android File Transfer has a hard time recognizing my phone, I have to restart my phone quite often to get it to work, but when it does, it does the job just fine.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
You can also use Kies air to transfer pictures from the phone to the Mac but it needs Java and I haven't quite gotten it to work yet.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Kies is way overrated. I feel as if it should still be in it's alpha status. I've tried Kies, and I'm actually glad Sprint does the Epic4GTouch updates OTA. It saves me some worries, because I just don't trust Kies with that big of a task, especially when their file transfer part of the program sucks. Terribly. :-\

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The Mac issue has been addresed, but if you haven't found the solution for the Swype KB, she just needs to go and clear the data on it for it to start working again.