oem car dock?

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this phone is too new right now but I have not heard or seen anything about and oem car dock. I was looking at this phone or the evo but i have to have a car dock. I would like one that is oem though. Anyone have a link or heard anything about that?

Last edited:

devilsushi

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
AT&T's Samsung Infuse OEM Car Dock is slightly bigger then the Galaxy S III, but it will fit. Not sure if you can still buy it direct from AT&T as most of its stores were getting rid of inventory back when the II was being released, but you may be able to find it on ebay or Amazon.

Last edited:

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I looked on samsungs website and all they have it a universal one. I currently have a photon and like the oem car dock a lot. I still stuck between this and the evo right now. looks like the s3 cardock does not have a usb charger on it. not sure if I like that. I will have to look a bit more.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought the infuse car dock for this phone specifically. I like it a lot. Bought it from Amazon for $25. Saw that you can get it from at&t online for $18.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I am part of the iBOLT product Team. We offer a "real" car dock for the SGS3 that starts the car mode, places the start screen icons horizontal and it charges and brings out the aux-sound to the car-stereo, in a similar fashion to the OEM car dock for S2. The one we make also works with most cases, up to 2.5 thick. You can buy it on this site. The coolest feature is the 9ft charging/aux-out cable. One end plugs into the dock and the other end splits up into a USB male connector (for charging) and a 3.5 mm aux-out. This allows you to place the Dock on the left side of the steering wheel and run the cable down the drivers door and under the carpet/drivers seat up the center console where USB & aux is usually located. Product presentation is on iBolt.co - Stay connected with your world. Feel free to reply and ask any questions...

riccochet

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is the iBolt dock compatible with the Otterbox Defender case?

Doesn't look like it. Here's a snip from their site:

The iBOLT Dock is designed to be compatible with most cases up to 2.5 mm thick, including Otterbox Commuter type. With an open back, the camera can be used for recording HD video while driving.

I'm going to order one. Best option out there right now and I like to use Torque in my vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa