Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, ended up flashing Cyanogenmod for the first time in a year due to some issues I had with Liquidsmooth, and to my surprise, this damn rom still apparantly doesn't give you an option to enable a navigation bar

I'm pretty sure that I had heard months ago that this was added into the rom, but for whatever reason, I guess it's just not there for me

When I first started using this rom a year ago, the only way to get a nav bar was by flashing some zip file that would enable it. Is that still how it works now or am I missing something in the settings that will allow the nav bar?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, ended up flashing Cyanogenmod for the first time in a year due to some issues I had with Liquidsmooth, and to my surprise, this damn rom still apparantly doesn't give you an option to enable a navigation bar

I'm pretty sure that I had heard months ago that this was added into the rom, but for whatever reason, I guess it's just not there for me

When I first started using this rom a year ago, the only way to get a nav bar was by flashing some zip file that would enable it. Is that still how it works now or am I missing something in the settings that will allow the nav bar?

Thanks in advance

I don't think you are missing anything. What you heard may have been for some type of s3, just not Sprint.

Have you tried Slim?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you are missing anything. What you heard may have been for some type of s3, just not Sprint.

Have you tried Slim?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Oh ok, thanks, it probably was another carriers s3

No I haven't tried slim yet, but I've heard about it, haven't checked the features yet, but I'll look into it. Loving the stability of cm at the moment

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks, it probably was another carriers s3

No I haven't tried slim yet, but I've heard about it, haven't checked the features yet, but I'll look into it. Loving the stability of cm at the moment

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you are liking CM. I tried flashing Liquid, and it would always hang on the boot up screen. 20+ minutes all 3 times I tried.

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
CM puts out some good devices. Though, don't limit yourself to just that ROM, as you'll never know what other ROMs can offer. The best thing about rooting is that you can backup your current ROM and restore it if you don't like others.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
CM puts out some good devices. Though, don't limit yourself to just that ROM, as you'll never know what other ROMs can offer. The best thing about rooting is that you can backup your current ROM and restore it if you don't like others.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yea I know, I originally started out on cm just because it was so popular, but it wasn't stable for me back then, so I moved to paranoid android, pacman, liquid, and now I'm back cause liquid became unstable and I thought cm was on 4.3 but it wasn't

But so far, 9 days and no crashes or reboots, on liquid I'd be lucky to make it a day without one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea I know, I originally started out on cm just because it was so popular, but it wasn't stable for me back then, so I moved to paranoid android, pacman, liquid, and now I'm back cause liquid became unstable and I thought cm was on 4.3 but it wasn't

But so far, 9 days and no crashes or reboots, on liquid I'd be lucky to make it a day without one

Slim is on 4.3. Happened a few weeks ago. Surprising CM isn't on 4.3 yet...

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

omarneg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance

Root Explorer>System>Build.prop(long press and select Open in Text Editor> scroll to the bottom and add the following line to the text: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Reboot and voila...Nav Bar

As for the softkeys...Menu>System Settings>Advanced>Sensors>Uncheck box ?Enable keys backlight"

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Root Explorer>System>Build.prop(long press and select Open in Text Editor> scroll to the bottom and add the following line to the text: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Reboot and voila...Nav Bar

As for the softkeys...Menu>System Settings>Advanced>Sensors>Uncheck box ?Enable keys backlight"

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks! I'll try this if I need it in the future. Have actually become accustomed to having the extra screen real estate now, and used to the hardware buttons again as well, but thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress