SIII went for a swim.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Jumped in the pool and had my week old baby on my front pocket. Didn't realize it for about 5 minutes, pulled the battery and dropped it in rice but I think it's to late, she's gone. Will check it in the morning.

I do have TEP on it so how does that work, never had to use it in 5 years. Is it all online or can I go into a Sprint store and just exchange it and pay the deductible? Oy maybe they can fix it?

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to go into the Sprint store and exchange it. You will have to pay a $150 deductible if they determine it has water damage.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Awww poor baby. Lol. Hope it works man. I'm not sure if those plans cover water damage but good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That really does suck... Let us know what sprint does to replace (if they will)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The battery water indicator turned pink but the one on the phone is still white. Does Sprint even carry the 32g model in store?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It would of DESTROYED my mood for the day......maybe even week or till I got my replacement, lol!! :)

You have no idea!!! And leaving tomorrow for Tahoe for the weekend with no GSIII is a real bummer. I'm going to stop buy Sprint repair center and see what they can do, I just don't think they have any of the 32g models in stock, just the 16g. If they can't do nothing I'll go through insurance and hopefully get a new one tomorrow before I leave.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You have no idea!!! And leaving tomorrow for Tahoe for the weekend with no GSIII is a real bummer. I'm going to stop buy Sprint repair center and see what they can do, I just don't think they have any of the 32g models in stock, just the 16g. If they can't do nothing I'll go through insurance and hopefully get a new one tomorrow before I leave.

I feel for you buddy!! Its a GOOD thing you have insurance!! Good luck getting a replacemet quickly!

This just reminded me that I have less than 30 days to get insurance on my phone. $11 extra a month is just an added expense on my bill but is it worth it in the long run? What do you guys think?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I feel for you buddy! Its a GOOD thing you have insurance!! Good luck getting a replacement quickly!

This just reminded me that I have less than 30 days to get insurance on my phone. $11 extra a month is just an added expense on my bill but is it worth it in the long run? What do you guys think?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Jumped in the pool and had my week old baby on my front pocket. Didn't realize it for about 5 minutes, pulled the battery and dropped it in rice but I think it's to late, she's gone. Will check it in the morning.

I do have TEP on it so how does that work, never had to use it in 5 years. Is it all online or can I go into a Sprint store and just exchange it and pay the deductible? Oy maybe they can fix it?

And why were you in the pool wearing clothes with pockets again??? :p

STBear

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the insurance process will go smoothly. I have been trying to decide if I wanted to get the insurance or not. This is pushing me closer to buying it.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you buddy! Its a GOOD thing you have insurance!! Good luck getting a replacement quickly!

I always have insurance on my phones...just in case. Plus I've been lucky (or blessed) that when I've filed a claim i get a brand spanking new one in the box. Sprint did tell me it was $11 now but I don't care. Lol insurance helps :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yep you see my signature? It's working. Still have a little mostuire on the front camera and it says I have headphones plugged in when I don't. I'm going to let it sit in the rice for another day and see what happens.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

slwatts

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Before filing TEP claim, you may be able to file a claim with your credit card company. I know my AMEX card will covervaccidental damage for 60 days. No deductible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa