What case for your Nexus S 4G?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm tryin to find case that will fit mt Nexus S from Sprint with the Mugen mah 3300 battery on it?? :eek:

If Seidio comes out with the extended battery Convert case I'm gonna rock that as my heavy duty set up.

Active X with regular battery for everyday use.

Extended battery with convert case for hiking, biking, and zombies.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
As long as your pockets aren't tight it should slip out. My front pockets stick a lot. So does the lint. Lol.

The plastic is soft touch coatings. Almost rubbery. I was hoping the holster from my epic would work since it was too small for the active it was from the surface. However this one with the active is so much smaller it fits too loose. I may back up the holster soon.

Were you replying to me? If you were, then you lost me. I think the only part I understood was the part about lint sticking in your front pocket, hahaha.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No. Sorry for the confusion.

The active x on the nexus fits perfect. As tight as it can be.

I was hoping the holster from my epic surface holster would work with this phone. As I used it with the active on the epic. It.was very tight and barely fit. However this phone is so much thinner that it does not even fit in the surface holster for the epic with the active case on it. The holster is too big.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got a BodyGuardz front protector installed yesterday. Looks great so far but not like the demo handset I was shown. The demo had zero orange peel yet mine has a light but uniform orange peel effect. Still less than 24 hours, it should settle in but I wonder if this will smooth out completely?

FWIW, the awful glare on the screen is much improved with the protector.

Last edited:

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here are the pictures I promised of the Sgpstore.com case for the nexus s. I also installed the screen protector. I like anti-glare but for being included free, it was great.
aed07e63.jpg

dddf5e16.jpg

Everything lineup perfectly except the power button which is off by a little bit, but not much.
a5dba867.jpg

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Incipio Feather case today, fits great! No issues with the power button or the volume buttons. Feels a little more solid in hand with the added weight, which is still minimal. I also received a $1.57 case today from Hong Kong, which I got on eBay. The most noticeable difference is that the cheap case has the LED cut out on the back BELOW the camera cut out, so, FAIL on that one So, for anyone out there looking at the cheap cases, take note on the cutouts. That is all.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Incipio Feather case today, fits great! No issues with the power button or the volume buttons. Feels a little more solid in hand with the added weight, which is still minimal. I also received a $1.57 case today from Hong Kong, which I got on eBay. The most noticeable difference is that the cheap case has the LED cut out on the back BELOW the camera cut out, so, FAIL on that one So, for anyone out there looking at the cheap cases, take note on the cutouts. That is all.

Yea, the China cheapies are hit and miss between eBay sellers, took me a while to find a good seller/product and the seller I linked in my previous post, his cases are spot on 99% of the time. I've bought at least 10+ of them for various phones(Incredible, Shift, Optimus, Nexus, etc).

With your feather case, the power button is not off center, strange. Mine is to the top of the cutout hole in the case, if it was a hair up more, the case would be on the button, luckily its not.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the China cheapies are hit and miss between eBay sellers, took me a while to find a good seller/product and the seller I linked in my previous post, his cases are spot on 99% of the time. I've bought at least 10+ of them for various phones(Incredible, Shift, Optimus, Nexus, etc).

With your feather case, the power button is not off center, strange. Mine is to the top of the cutout hole in the case, if it was a hair up more, the case would be on the button, luckily its not.

Oh, it's definitely off center, no doubt on that. Functionality wise, works fine. I got the black one, so no biggie. The Lime Green one, might look a little off, but, either way, the case looks good on here without adding the bulk and it keeps the curve on the back. I emailed Incipio a little earlier to see if they had plans on putting out a white one, no dice on that right now, but they were passing my inquiry on to the product development area, so, who knows...

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the Sprint Gel case today. Fits the phone good and doesn't add much if any bulk. I like it so far, the power button is a little harder to press but they may be just cause I'm used to it being on the top of the EVO instead of the side.

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the Amazon one for 6.95 with 6 screen protectors and stylus. I am pretty impressed with it. Very slim and a good grip. The power and volume buttons are a bit harder to push, but for 6.95 it will work for me!

Did you try the screen protectors or just chuck them out? :) I'm wondering if I can get away with using them :)

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online and got it in 3 days. I couldn't find it locally. Case is awesome. Fits well. Power button is a bit off but has no effect on usage. Very thin, light and not bulky

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have a coupon code for the seidio website? I finally decided to go with this case, and now they're back ordered on here and Amazon.

TIA

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just ended up getting a platinum hardcase with beltclip and zagg screen protector from best buy when I got my phone. They had them in a bundle package. Surprising, they've worked out well so far.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ehhh .... i just ordered this little guy until i can figure out what case i really want. There are some nice cases available and some nice cases coming down the pipeline and it's easy to drop $50 on one. I just wanted something to cover it now while i continue mulling over my options.

P.S. You might notice the case i bought comes with a stylus :confused: <--- my face when i saw that. When will companies learn?

EDIT - Also picked up the seidio 1750 battery. That will give me an extra 17% battery life so thats a nice little boost but it costs $50 for that battery.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
ehhh .... i just ordered this little guy until i can figure out what case i really want. There are some nice cases available and some nice cases coming down the pipeline and it's easy to drop $50 on one. I just wanted something to cover it now while i continue mulling over my options.

P.S. You might notice the case i bought comes with a stylus :confused: <--- my face when i saw that. When will companies learn?

EDIT - Also picked up the seidio 1750 battery. That will give me an extra 17% battery life so thats a nice little boost but it costs $50 for that battery.

I took that case off after about a day. Power button was too much of a pia press.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty