Phatom Skinz FYI

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased this screen protector for both our Nexus(s) i bought one for $9 at their website, got the package and surprise! It came with 2 since i bought online! Cool...so after having it for nearly 2 weeks now, I am going to tell you guys what I really think.

1. First of it fits perfectly and installation took less than 5 minutes for BOTH.
2. It does protect the screen BUT it doesn't leave out fingerprints!, it attracts them as much as the Nexus without one.
3. For the $ you get what you pay for, its scratch proof, yes, warranty? yes, but again don't go off buying this if you plan on not having to wipe your phone every 2 hours or so.

There it is folks, same thing as the Invisible by Zagg, and the Kionomi skins, just this one attracts finger prints, also i went with this one because i have had Kionomi and that reduces the picture quality by 20% easily. This one DOES NOT.

Overall I am happy with this, and for the price you cant go wrong.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Grip....I would say about 20% more

And it was not a dry isntall, u need a warm cup of water with one drop of liquid soap (dont make it bubble just drip it in there) ...anyways its easy as heck to do like I said I did 2 phones in less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just put mine on yesterday. Unfortunately I have slight orange peel effect.
I asked them if installing it dry might reduce the orange peel, they said wet or dry it shouldn't matter.

Anyhow, i do not like the orange peel, even though its really minor, its there.
I'm going to try a dry install with the 2nd skin tonight, i'll post my results.

(They also said if there is any problem they would send me another set, in the case that I received defective ones <orange peel> )

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a orange anything, and I went with the wet apply and left both phones with out battery over night. Some by bubbles will be there but will be gone after the third day.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just put mine on, and everything white is multicolored. Will that go away when it dries?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes and I would turn it off RIGHT AWAY you're suppose to leave it off for at least 8 hours!

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just put mine on yesterday. Unfortunately I have slight orange peel effect.
I asked them if installing it dry might reduce the orange peel, they said wet or dry it shouldn't matter.

Anyhow, i do not like the orange peel, even though its really minor, its there.
I'm going to try a dry install with the 2nd skin tonight, i'll post my results.

(They also said if there is any problem they would send me another set, in the case that I received defective ones <orange peel> )

Yea, dry install try with Phantom was a no go. The water is used to help push out the micro bubbles(air) when applying this skin. I did another wet install with the 2nd skin with the same results as the first. Whether or not I got a bad skinz cut from them or not, don't know, but i'm back to my trusty thin film, static, dry apply screen protectors from Screen Patronus that I've used for years and years. The only problem with the thin static guards is edge lift, but thats better than the slight orange peel in my opinion.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow how can u guys choose a cheap screen cover over these! Sorry but I couldn't.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes and I would turn it off RIGHT AWAY you're suppose to leave it off for at least 8 hours!

I left it off for a couple of hours and it has just about cleared up.

I'm glad I have my screen protected now. I can stop handling my phone with kid gloves!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep, and there will be some light bubbles here and there, but trust me they will be gone with in 2 days and you wont notice you have a screen protector anymore.

punchx

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a fan of phantom. Used it on previous phones and they were my first choice for my new Nexus. Their install is a breeze if you follow the instructions and after 2 days of drying it looks fantastic.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I somehow managed to get a tiny hair or fiber under the protector right at an edge. Will I be able to peel back this area and rewet it to put it back, or will I have to start over?

You guys are right, looking better and better!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I somehow managed to get a tiny hair or fiber under the protector right at an edge. Will I be able to peel back this area and rewet it to put it back, or will I have to start over?

You guys are right, looking better and better!

I honestly wouldn't care for that, I rather have a tiny piece of hair or fiber stuck in between my phone screen protector then not have it protected at all, besides if its on the very edge and you are using the case that I have( comes with a stylus that actually works! Perfect for those cold days when you are wearing gloves) you shouldn't notice it too much.

Here's the case I bought, I also waited a full day before putting it on after the screen protector.

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S "S" CURVE GEL CASE - BLACK, WITH 6 SCREEN PROTECTORS & 1 STYLUS: Electronics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress