[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this when it first came out and thought it was good enough for daily use, but the lags were starting to annoy me. Then I saw there was an update to it and I downloaded it today and all i can say is "holy crap!" This is how smooth I would picture the stock rom to be when it comes out...and this is all from the sdk...amazing. Its also awesome that the actual ICS icons and roboto font have been added in!

Thank you so much guys! Theres no way I'd ever go back to Gingerbread after this.

Yep, will be working on the ICS status bar shortly, hopefully I can get it working!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: vhgomez36

Charles Dolly

OMFG!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this when it first came out and thought it was good enough for daily use, but the lags were starting to annoy me. Then I saw there was an update to it and I downloaded it today and all i can say is "holy crap!" This is how smooth I would picture the stock rom to be when it comes out...and this is all from the sdk...amazing. Its also awesome that the actual ICS icons and roboto font have been added in!

Thank you so much guys! Theres no way I'd ever go back to Gingerbread after this.
Thanks for the feedback. :D

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Things are running great but I wanted to point out an issue that I've noticed with Google Music. I've been listening to music with the ICS ROM here for the last two days and I've noticed that there are what sound like skips or hiccups when songs playback. I've even backtracked and listened to the same spots again and wouldn't hear it then so I know it's not the files. Anyone else noticed this?

Charles Dolly

OMFG!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Things are running great but I wanted to point out an issue that I've noticed with Google Music. I've been listening to music with the ICS ROM here for the last two days and I've noticed that there are what sound like skips or hiccups when songs playback. I've even backtracked and listened to the same spots again and wouldn't hear it then so I know it's not the files. Anyone else noticed this?
Hmm, that's weird, are you streaming the music or do you have it on your SD card?

FL0OD

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The app that controls the headphone jack of a phone, that reportedly was not working.

How did you do that without a custom kernel? I think most people were making reference to using it for custom colors for the screen. I may be wrong.

sent from my neXus S 4G

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
As another fellow ROM developer, how did you manage to deodex ICS?

The current version of smali/baksmali doesn't support HoneyComb and ICS?

Also, OP, please check your PM. :)

Thanks.

Myn!
Great to seE you here!
You were the evo 4g rom master back when I had it.

Would love to see what you can add to this!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

jmann_25

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Myn!
Great to seE you here!
You were the evo 4g rom master back when I had it.

Would love to see what you can add to this!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

Seems to me he still holds that title in the current tense, and not past.

Would be great to see what Beezy, Myn, and friends could accomplish together

Last edited:

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashed it on right now. Thanks a lot for all of your hard work guys and gals. The only thing I might start missing is bluetooth since I had it set up with my stereo in my car, but the interface on ICS is beautiful.

Reactions: Charles Dolly

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that's weird, are you streaming the music or do you have it on your SD card?
Nope, not streaming. My music is on the SD card. Like I said, it sounds like skips on a CD but it's not actually skipping, just like a hiccup. I figured it might be an issue with the ROM since I hadn't had this problem before.

tylerwatt12

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not streaming. My music is on the SD card. Like I said, it sounds like skips on a CD but it's not actually skipping, just like a hiccup. I figured it might be an issue with the ROM since I hadn't had this problem before.

Same problem, try turning off equalizer and keeping the phone on. It may have something to do with CPU scaling and the MP3 file buffer

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Same problem, try turning off equalizer and keeping the phone on. It may have something to do with CPU scaling and the MP3 file buffer

Hmmm ok. I tried it with and without the EQ on and had the same issues as I thought that was it too. But yea, you might be right about the CPU and buffer.

FL0OD

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Something I noticed that might be related. This ROM or 4.0, seems to hold certain programs in its cache forever. On two seperate occasions when my phone started to get a little laggy for no reason I went into Applications to see what was Running. Both times there were third party apps using 17+MB of memory that I had not used in hours that never cleared out of cache. These apps do not have any notification pushes on so from my thinking there wasn't any reason for them to still be running hours later. I Force Stopped them, everything was back to normal. It's only happened a couple of times over the past few days so no biggie. Maybe the system is just running out of memory, causing it to lag, and that's why it's giving you those hiccups. Just a thought. Some one much smarter than I probably has a more insightful answer.

sent from my neXus S 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38