[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah exactly! I was gonna put about 1MB faster too, but thought no one would believe me LOL

It was crazy fast for some reason... Now if you (or someone) could figure out why and pass that onto the current ROMS out here! That would be epic! :p

Lmfao,if only i knew. It's one of those things i can't explain just like my data icon is normal size right now but yesterday it was a small dot. Almost forgot wifi yesterday didn't work for me no matter what i tried then once i posted it i went in and removed my wifi then connected again and it worked.lol

justmerob

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Lmfao,if only i knew. It's one of those things i can't explain just like my data icon is normal size right now but yesterday it was a small dot. Almost forgot wifi yesterday didn't work for me no matter what i tried then once i posted it i went in and removed my wifi then connected again and it worked.lol

Thought I saw you said that yesterday too (no wifi), but connected right off on my side...

Anyways, only reason I switched back was due to losing root but sounds like that's been resolved now with SU? Think I'll just hold out till the new update hits later today/tomorrow...

If you still need testers man shoot me a PM anytime btw

Reactions: beezy

tolgapaksoy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
For some reason the Contacts app is now called People.
This is fine and all but now the next issue shows up:

All the apps that rely on your contacts, eg: WhatsApp, Facebook, cannot find your contacts because the app is now called People.

Is there any way of changing it to Contacts myself?

Serious_Beans

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working! Even my service, I'm on WiFi now but I haven't tested data yet, it's a little laggy but I guess that's cuz of the lack of HW Accel, no biggie, this is actually pretty usable except for the few fc's every now and then, crazy good job! Keep it up!

Reactions: justmerob and beezy

wyk126

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the dump of previous leaked old version of ICS on NS? no?
cos I noticed the same ui and layout, e.g., when pulling notification bar, there are 2 blue lines near the blue dot, but on the current version of ICS on Galaxy Nexus, there's only a blue dot.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's not on the root of sdcard then check inside the download folder.

If you use rom manager to download SU, it is inside the following structure:

sdcard/clockworkmod/download/goo-inside.me/superuser/

And before you say anything, I didn't come up with that name, I am just the messenger.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the dump of previous leaked old version of ICS on NS? no?
cos I noticed the same ui and layout, e.g., when pulling notification bar, there are 2 blue lines near the blue dot, but on the current version of ICS on Galaxy Nexus, there's only a blue dot.

Whats the title say.

[WARN]This is at EVERYONE im trying to be cool about this but if everyone can't just enjoy hard work and understand there is going to files from everything that is able to help this build then Im going to have the mods come back in here and start deleting anything that is not about the development or bugs,issues of the rom. THe thread is getting to be very big this has been dealt with a million times last time this topic is to be talked about.[/WARN]

Last edited:

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get root by flashing the newer version of superuser. Thanks to simon.ponder and others for help. So, now you can get roboto font by doing this:

Install superuser version 3.0.6 (efgh version), I got it from androidsu.com/superuser

Flash in recovery (I mounted system, don't know if that's actually necessary)

Download busybox from market and install latest version

Download font installer from market

Open Font Installer and install Roboto font

Reboot

This takes care of everything except lockscreen clock, I'll look into that. I know there are other ways of installing the font, maybe one of them gets the clock as well.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

My 3G icon is tiny, i can barely see it.
But this rom is running incredible!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Gelladuga69

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just registered to say that your work is greatly appreciated, Beezy.
This SDK port is nothing short of amazing.
I've only played with it for a few minutes before registering here to comment you on your great work.
This port is most likely good enough to be a daily driver.
Please keep up the good work and I can't wait to see updates!

Reactions: beezy

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Beezy could you perhaps check my question on the previous page? It might be an important one for some of us.

Thanks for pointing the issue and your question out. Im not completely sure on that right now,ill check it out and see.I hadn't signed into anything but google so ill set up my other accounts to see.

beezy can you tell me why there isnt a 3g sign on the top of my screen even though im in a 3g area please!!!

To guess off the top of my head its just the difference in gsm/cdma. In time it'll probably be worked out.

Reactions: tolgapaksoy

Formula84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
First off great work Beezy! So after flashing this i got root working but Titanium just hangs when trying to do a restore of any app i have... anyone have any ideas, anyone try titanium yet?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
First off great work Beezy! So after flashing this i got root working but Titanium just hangs when trying to do a restore of any app i have... anyone have any ideas, anyone try titanium yet?

THanks the last few page should have the info you are looking.I would copy&pasted but im on mobile right now.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Geez, there was like 50 pages over night.

Is Wimax working yet? I want this so badly, but because I download my DLC on the PSN with my lovely 4G its definitely a requirement for me. :)

Beezy...if i was to get my hands on a Galaxy Nexus, are there certain files that would help you expedite the process? I might be able to get these files for you (MIGHT being the operative word here).

I was trying to get you a nandroid, which I am sure you would fix that overnight, but I dont think CWM has caught up to the Galaxy Nexus yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty