[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i've a question.. wifi works when no sim is inserted. it doesnt work when my sim card is inserted.. anyy ideas???

That's weird I wouldn't think sim had anything to do with wifi. Not real sure what happening there but I'll have a look if you can pull a logcat.Easy way to do it would be to run the following

Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt

attach the logcat.txt to your next post and ill have a look at it when i got a chance.
Is anybody having any issues updating gapps. Like Google maps thru the market?

That's part of the trade off we have with being able to run ICS. This I haven't tried yet but if you get a root file explorer and delete maps from system/app it should install after that. You can also remove it in the command line with the following cmds
Code:
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm Maps.apk
exit 
adb reboot

decalex

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To add to beezys post above this one, if you have Titanium Backup, and want to restore any of your apps, it works best to go to (in Titanium main screen)
Menu, Preferences, App Processing Mode (@bottom), Interactive.

This allows apps to be installed thru the native package installer, taking into account any differences in how ICS stores/names the apks, versus Gingerbread. In most, or all of my apps, i was able to restore the 'data' portion normally.

Once interactive is selected, find the app you want to restore, click, restore App and Data, click OK to install with package manager, click Done, then the data part should restore automatically after.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .

Reactions: chalan30

decalex

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried using DoggCatcher with ICS? Crazy how it uses the new Dual paned mode.. Not really usable in portrait mode, but alright (and kinda cool) in landscape. Curious if it does this with other apps. Would be awesome layout on a tablet.

hooperb63

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I know drew has been banned from the site. but i must say what a great job he is doing on the nexus s rom. obviously thanks to beezy in the first place of course. he is going to have a beta 5 up tonite. beezy i think you and him should stop what ever happened between ya and work together. he is doing a good job at the moment on the nexus s really making good progress he is also making a droid x rom and now a nexus one rom so he obviously knows what he is doing. I think you and him and the other guys really need to express your ideas together, i believe the lot of ya could really make a jackpot rom.

mntbkr

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Been having an issue since last night. Anytime I reboot my phone shortcut comes up missing from the launcher. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue and also have had some random reboots in the past day.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All posts not related to development and testing of this rom past this line:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get dinged and deleted.

I like to screw around and crap threads as much as the next guy, but ROM DEV THREADS ARE NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT.

Reactions: beezy

jrizzut1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Day 2 on the ROM and I've been noticing some killer battery life...I've been using it mainly for calls and texts with occasional web browsing (usually i use tweetcaster the most on my phone but it won't load on ICS, im assuming its just not optimized yet, no biggie). Had it off the charger for 19 hours and I still had 51% battery! Stock 2.3.7 I'd be lucky to get half a day out of the thing.

Big ups to Beezy...looking forward to the next release

*crosses fingers for face unlock and panorama camera not lookin silly*

Also, to the guys having problems with their music...I've been streaming my music without any hiccups so I don't really know whats goin on there

And I def agree with not being able to go back to 2.3.7 or even CM 7.1 at this point...the ice cream sandwich is just too delicious, I'll deal with the minor bugs

thegtfusion

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That's weird I wouldn't think sim had anything to do with wifi. Not real sure what happening there but I'll have a look if you can pull a logcat.Easy way to do it would be to run the following

Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt

attach the logcat.txt to your next post and ill have a look at it when i got a chance.

That's part of the trade off we have with being able to run ICS. This I haven't tried yet but if you get a root file explorer and delete maps from system/app it should install after that. You can also remove it in the command line with the following cmds
Code:
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm Maps.apk
exit 
adb reboot

yess thank you. i put the txt file in a rar because it was too big to attach it as a txt file.
many thanks.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Fully stable working port of IcedCoryStreater
aka ICS
Please excuse me, I've never flashed before. I bought a used Nexus S 4g to try out the ICS, but I'm not clear if I have to root the phone to install it. I would rather install it and NOT root the phone. Is this possible? Thanks

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Please excuse me, I've never flashed before. I bought a used Nexus S 4g to try out the ICS, but I'm not clear if I have to root the phone to install it. I would rather install it and NOT root the phone. Is this possible? Thanks

Any time you want to load any sort of non-stock ROM, your device has to be rooted. The good news is that the Nexus S is incredibly easy to root *and* UNroot, if you run into problems. Happy rooting! :)

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

No, you need to be able to write the new OS over the old one. You also need to have a recovery image such as Clockworkmod, which requires root. Plus this port is rooted so you would have root anyway. So if you don't want root, don't flash this port on your phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No, you need to be able to write the new OS over the old one. You also need to have a recovery image such as Clockworkmod, which requires root. Plus this port is rooted so you would have root anyway. So if you don't want root, don't flash this port on your phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Thanks to you both. Does the Clockworkmod come with the zip file or do I have to download it from somewhere else? And is the latest port ICS-dirty-alpha-3.2?

Charles Dolly

OMFG!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to you both. Does the Clockworkmod come with the zip file or do I have to download it from somewhere else? And is the latest port ICS-dirty-alpha-3.2?
You can just download the file from this thread to your phone or do it on your computer and move it to your sd card, just make sure you wipe dalvik cache and do a factory reset. And yes 3.2 is currently the latest update. :)

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You can just download the file from this thread to your phone or do it on your computer and move it to your sd card, just make sure you wipe dalvik cache and do a factory reset. And yes 3.2 is currently the latest update. :)

Thanks. I will try this following gbking77's YouTube videos and I see I can also unroot and return to stock easily using his videos as well. Wish me luck as this is my first venture into rooting a phone and installing a custom ROM. BTW, are you saying get the oneclick root zip from this thread or just download the ICS-dirty-alpha-3.2 and it will have it?

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I will try this following gbking77's YouTube videos and I see I can also unroot and return to stock easily using his videos as well. Wish me luck as this is my first venture into rooting a phone and installing a custom ROM. BTW, are you saying get the oneclick root zip from this thread or just download the ICS-dirty-alpha-3.2 and it will have it?

Nope, you gotta flash it. I can help you out with that if you want, just PM me when you're ready. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87