[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Noticed 2 problems with the music app. 1: if I press home, or switch between apps, the music i'm playing stops. 2: it plays (or thinks it plays) video files.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Everyone should share their ICS homescreens. Let's see how you've set everything with the new widgets, dock, and folders!

Here's mine. Pretty empty for me right now, but I like the look.

kjaved373

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Just a little curious. I tried extracting some apks from the rom to see if it works on other roms and tried to install them but it says problem parsing or something like that. Im guessing it's same for all roms, why is that?

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a little curious. I tried extracting some apks from the rom to see if it works on other roms and tried to install them but it says problem parsing or something like that. Im guessing it's same for all roms, why is that?

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G

The apks from this ROM will only work on this ROM because of the framework. They only work with the ICS framework.

You could also try deleting an apk then installing the one from this ROM.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to point out a few things I noticed in anything that has a gray scroll bar on the left side of a screen when scrolling.

The scrool bar seems to be a little far away from the right side of the screen. Usually, the bar is touching the right side of the screen, but it doesn't seem to be in the ROMs menus.

Example:

device20111030170028.png

Another thing is that the Manage Apps screen doesn't seem to be sized right for the screen. (I also pointed out the scroll bar is this image too.)

device20111030170057.png

As you can see, the categories at the top are a little small and bunch, and the UI itself doesn't extend to the screen sides.

Just wanted to point these things out see we're aware, that's all. :)

EDIT:

Here's a picture of Manage Apps from the emulator. Fills up the screen more

unledni.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just wondering what's up with hero_over? I tried pming him but didn't realize I needed 5 posts. I'm really interested in seeing what he's been doing with this beautiful rom.

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to point out a few things I noticed in anything that has a gray scroll bar on the left side of a screen when scrolling.

The scrool bar seems to be a little far away from the right side of the screen. Usually, the bar is touching the right side of the screen, but it doesn't seem to be in the ROMs menus.

Example:

Click to view quoted image

Another thing is that the Manage Apps screen doesn't seem to be sized right for the screen. (I also pointed out the scroll bar is this image too.)

As you can see, the categories at the top are a little small and bunch, and the UI itself doesn't extend to the screen sides.

EDIT:

I use the larger font. It looks better in my opinion and fills the display better.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
hey I noticed you have a voicemail icon in your status bar is that to a stock visual voicemail. I only ask because I use google voice for my voicemail and if ice cream sandwich now comes with the visual voicemail app I would like to use it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Just standard voicemail....

Long days and pleasant nights............

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Example:

device20111030170028.png

device20111030170057.png

EDIT:

unledni.jpg

Same issue here, it makes the screen look smaller than it is lol.
I'll post some screen shots, but nothing special really, using the same stuff I was with gingerbread.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Like?
Wishing we had the option to remove that search bar, id love the extra real estate.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Like?
Wishing we had the option to remove that search bar, id love the extra real estate.

I like the search widget, although it can be a tad slow at times, as can launching the browser. Been using the ROM since it came out though, can't go back.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ive already been looking at removing that search bar... That and many other little tweaks will be some of the first things probably done on theming ICS.

Reactions: intheb0x
Status
Not open for further replies.